About This File
Author: Kahn D'halaine
There are so many changes in this, so I wonʼt remember to mention them all. I can conclude this mod by the words "movie authency" and "enhancement".
Let me quote the intro of the trailer, that Nozy found so descriptive:
"This mod was intended to recreate the look, sound and the very FEELING of Star Wars - something I felt missing in JKA. To accomplish this I put together the best of all weapons mods I found along with my own work, to make a perfect weapons mod. This is: ULTIMATE WEAPONS."
That says pretty much it what this is. The weapons have been altered to resemble the movies (those that are in the movies) or just enhanced, such as the explosions.
Letʼs go for the general:
IMPACT EFFECTS: New impact effects based on the MBII effects, a.k.a. TK-231ʼs Special Effects Mod V1 Base, by TK-231. They are much more movie-like (like everything else, so I
wonʼt mention that anymore), with lots of sparks, smoke, chunks, lightflashes and all you could ask for. The effect is random, with different sizes, sounds (there are 80 different impact sounds!) and burnmarks (these are brand new!).
EXPLOSIONS: Much bigger explosions with lots of smoke, fire and that stuff accompanied to great sounds! MODELS: Most models have been enhanced by a chrome shader to make them shiny, and a hand shown on the 1st person models (cred to PerfectJamie @ Massassi). Some are brand new (the DFMod models).
ICONS & TEXT: All weapon icons have been remade to show the improved weapons. The text strings have also been altered for some of the weapons - instead of just saying E-11 Blaster Rifle and Thermal Detonator they now say BlasTech E-11 Blaster Rifle and Baradium- core Thermal Detonator.
SOUNDS: Of course the sounds are according to the movies. Hereʼre some extended descriptions:
- LIGHTSABER: The lightsaber blades are my own Ep3-style blades, with the pointed tip. Uses the much more realistic clash effect from OJP and MBII. The sounds are the grinding ones from the classical trilogy, with very good impact sounds and activation/deactivation sounds. The regular saberon is Lukeʼs saber from ROTJ, the saberoff... I canʼt really think of that I heard something different in the first movies. That sound is actually the only thing that has survived from the first version (unreleased) of this mod. The enemy saberon and -off is from Dookuʼs saber, in AOTC and ROTS. The new icon is Obi-Wanʼs saber from ROTS. I also added chrome shaders to the BaseJKA sabers, to update them slightly (I still think theyʼre boring though).
- MELEE: New, improved sounds.
- THE FORCE: Movie-like push/pull and grip sounds (oh, I just got a Dejá Vú), the well-known "Force Rumble". This is best heard using a subwoofer (itʼs shaky!). The effects of these are invisible. The lighting sound is the same as when Dooku blasts Anakin and Yoda in AOTC, with an improved effect; much blueer, electrical-like with lightbeams coming from the userʼs palm. Force Speed sound like if you go into a different form of existance or something like that, that the time is being slowed down. You who have played JK2 will most probably recognize the Sense and Rage sounds as the ambient sounds in the Valley of the Jedi.
- BLASTECH DL-44 HEAVY BLASTER PISTOL: New scope texture, sounds like Han Soloʼs pistol in ANH and ESB.
- BLASTECH E-11 BLASTER RIFLE: Much better models with darker textures, shinier shader, and the sounds... Theyʼre like a dream, from the blasting in ANH.
- TENLOSS DXR-6 DISRUPTOR RIFLE: Looks like itʼs a brand new weapon - shiny! Really nice sounds, effects and a new scope, based on the A280 scope in MBII. The disintegration effect is now a lot of fire and smoke that leaves a pile of ashes for some seconds...
- WOOKIE BOWCASTER: Polished by a furry hand, sounds like Chewieʼs firing in ESB and ROTJ. Red bolts as default, but green is optional.
- IMPERIAL HEAVY REPEATER: Sounds like the repeater in Dark Forces, with its blue bolts. DEMP2: Probably the most polished gun of them all... Much more electrical effects, and there comes smoke from the muzzle when firing, inspired from the Jawa ion gun in ANH.
- GOLAN ARMS FC1 FLECHETTE WEAPON: Now fires red-hot metal shards, as the description says! The shards stay buried in the wall for some time. Sounds much more shotgun-like. The alt-fire is shield-protected frag-grenades that spread lots of shrapnel when they go. I also added a "grenade goes into position" sound after each fired grenade.
- STOUKER CONCUSSION RIFLE: I havenʼt done anything to the models or firing sounds of this, but the effect... I was inspired from the Trandoshan Concussion Rifle in Republic Commando, and tried to replicate the effect. Itʼs primary an imploding sphere that sends out a shock when imploded. Actually I made the effect even before I got Republic Commando; I had found the explosion sound effect for the weapon on FileFront and decided use it in my mod. At first it was a replacement for the Flechette alt-explosion and had an imploding blue shell that sent out a horisontal shockwave and golden sparks. But finally it made itʼs way to the Stouker instead.
- MERR-SONN PLX-2M PORTABLE MISSILE SYSTEM: Oh my, in OJP Enhanced these are feared, as they blow you apart like nothing! The explosion is much bigger, the sounds are great with a "place new missile in position" sound after each firing. The smoketrail is made much longer, with a matching powerful loop sound. I also reskinned the missiles to dark grey.
- BARADIUM-CORE THERMAL DETONATOR: Now this looks like it should do, a big expanding glowing sphere of doom... New models, sounds, you name it! Sounds exactly like the thermal Boushh (a.k.a. Leia) holds up in Jabbaʼs palace in ROTJ.
- TRIP MINES: Red laser beams... Big explosion if you touchʼem... Really nice sounds...
- DETONATION PACKS: New sounds and a big explosion with a lot of smoke...
- ITEMS: New item respawn sound (dunno how to describe it), bacta sound like some sort of hydrualic injection and a new chat sound like a short comradio static. Oh, and the spawn effects! Big beam(s) that leaves a little mark on the ground where you spawned. The portable sentry now fires green bolts and sound like a big ship cannon (the Lady Luck cannon, the cannons aboard the Dreadnaught).
- MISC SOUND CHANGES: New sounds for weapon switching, low ammo warning, Rebel ship hyperdrive and hologram sounds (I think this only appears in JK2).
GAME FUNCION CHANGES: Iʼve edited the weapons.dat script to make some weapons fire a little faster and increased the ammo limit, only for SP though. But it works in CoOp in OJP! Thatʼs it for the main mod, UltimateWeapons.pk3. Now for the additional PK3s!
There are some additional files that alter the weapons in some ways:
BRYAR PISTOL REPLACEMENT - xyz_bryar_pistol.pk3:
Replaces the DL-44 with Kyle Katarn's modified Bryar pistol from Dark Forces, with appropiate sound from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2.
BLASTECH DC-15A RIFLE REPLACEMENT - xyz_dc-15A_pah.pk3:
Replaces the repeater with the DC-15A clone trooper rifle by Pahricida for MBII. New sounds and effects by me.
GREEN BOWCASTER BOLTS - xyz_green_bowcaster.pk3:
Makes the bowcaster effects green, with different sounds.
LOW QUALITY EFFECTS - zzz_UltimateWeapons_LQEffects.pk3:
If you find the effects laggy due to all the sparks, try setting fx_expensivePhysics to 0 or place this file in Base. It lowers the number/removes the sparks and makes the smoke fade faster.
NO BLOOD - zzz_UltimateWeapons_NoBlood.pk3:
If you don't think blood fit into Star Wars or just don't like blood, this is the file for you! Removes the blood splats from the effects, but leaves a slight red smoke, because in Ep1 when Obi cuts Maul in half, there's coming reddish smoke from the cut. Did Obi hax the system even in his young days, or what do you think?
Sometimes the effects disappear when many are active, due to the game's sprite limitation. Use zzz_UltimateWeapons_LQEffects.pk3 to solve this.
The chrome shaders may not work properly in MP, at least they don't for me. I have no solution to this.
Note that other mods may interfere with my mod. PK3's are loaded in this hierarchy:
Mod directory/files in folders
PK3's are loaded alphabetically, and therefore you can't name a mod something like "aaa_mymod.pk3" as would be overridden by the
base JKA assets.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC., RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASFILM LTD.™ & DISNEY, INC.™ AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ AND WALT DISNEY, INC.™ STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ & DISNEY, INC.™
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now