Backhand version of Ashura's High Quality Starkiller hilt

@ you have no clue how ancient that hilt is

I don'T remember what I did there

I know that the saber crystal was done using a second blade, that blade can be adjusted via saberLength2 and saberRadius2 in the .sab file

Already tried all that. Even re-alligned the saber to be properly handled (after rotation grip was at the nbottom of the hilt). I moved the blade in the 3D model and dos multiple tests and alligned it just outside the hilt and it looked fine. Once I move it again to the its original position, is not noticeable, it becomes white.

da glow works via shader, shaders are more than what you think, they can really change the looks of things, like add animated textures to stuff like saber blades (@@Darth Martyr's kylo saber blade, for example), playermodels with things like rorschach's face, add glow fx to textures via adding a glow texture for it, 

reduce the saberRadius2 further - atm you see too much of the whtie core and not enoguh of the blue glow - that's why the crystal appears white

Saber Radius is set to zero just like the backhand version:

numBlades	2
	saberLength	7
	saberRadius	0
	trailstyle	2
	noManualDeactivate	0

bladestyle2start	1
	saberLength2	40
	saberRadius2	3
	trailstyle2	0 
	noManualDeactivate2	0

Also, saberRadius2 affects the actual blade, not the inner blade, the inner blade is blade 1. I already went through the settings and tried different values to see their effects, and as mentioned, If I move the blade outside the hilt, is shows just fine. It is just when the blade is moved back to its position inside the hilt that this happens.

@@The Punisher you then flipped the tag positions appearently

have you tried another saber color? the crystal itself gives off a white glow, that might overcast the lgiht blue blade color and therefore make it seem only white isntead of slightly blue.

I think it worked better with the roange, red and purple blades

@@AshuraDX

Yes, I tried all the blade colors and it still has the same problem. Also, all colors show fine in the original backhand version.

I am not sure about the tags, I just selected  the model root as described somewhere above and rotated it 180 degrees, then realigned the saber so the grip is in the proper position (the problem was there before realign the hilt)

Here is a screenshot of the original hilt

S4ygw0W.jpg

and the rotated hilt

WoWnXL2.jpg

Blade1 which is supposed to be the crystal (per .sab file) is the one selected (on the front tip of the hilt on both screenshots).

Here is a screenshot with the red blade, still bright white.

iKkG2Lf.jpg

Here is a screenshot with the blade moved on the X -axis for testing purposes

xBXH12E.jpg

@@AshuraDX

Yes, I tried all the blade colors and it still has the same problem. Also, all colors show fine in the original backhand version.

I am not sure about the tags, I just selected  the model root as described somewhere above and rotated it 180 degrees, then realigned the saber so the grip is in the proper position (the problem was there before realign the hilt)

Here is a screenshot of the original hilt

S4ygw0W.jpg

and the rotated hilt

WoWnXL2.jpg

Blade1 which is supposed to be the crystal (per .sab file) is the one selected (on the front tip of the hilt on both screenshots).

Here is a screenshot with the red blade, still bright white.

iKkG2Lf.jpg

Here is a screenshot with the blade moved on the X -axis for testing purposes

xBXH12E.jpg

I have an idea. Remove ALL of your .pk3 Mods from your base folder, but keep the Starkiller Saber pk3. Then see if it still does the same thing. If it does the same thing, then it is definitely something wrong with the Starkiller saber. However if you notice that it works fine, then one of the .pk3 files you removed was conflicting with the Starkiller Saber mod which made the crystal white.

@@The Punisher @ the crystal in the hilt is giving off a white glow by itself - so everything that passes throguh it will appear brighter sicne there actually is something that glows white in there.

and that might be what you're seeing here.

Why it doesn't happens on the normal backhand version? How can it be fixed? 

@no clue, I'd try editing the shader to disable the glow from the crystal. and see if that changes something. It mgiht happen with the normal version too, but the changed rotation might have altered the view angle on the screen so that it is now far more apparent than before.

i don't know what you're talking about @@The Punisher, but i got the forehand galen saber working fine:

XD7ct8y.png

Excellent! I have no idea what's wrong with mine. I have started mine a few times back from scratch and always end with the same results. Can you please share yours? Or at least why you did? I'm so frustrated of going around in circles at this moment.

i simply put the saber models glm into blender, selected model_root, under scene_root, pressed r, then x, then put my finger on the top of the saber to keep the point at which after i rotate it 180, i move the saber top down to right under my finger to fix hand pos. , then exported it as a glm named w_galen, then put it in a folder named GalenMarek_sn (sn is for single, or forehand), then put it in my pk3 in models/weapons2, then made a new .sab file that uses the forehand saber, and got rid of all the tags pertaining to staff sabers, and then boom, working in-game

i simply put the saber models glm into blender, selected model_root, under scene_root, pressed r, then x, then put my finger on the top of the saber to keep the point at which after i rotate it 180, i move the saber top down to right under my finger to fix hand pos. , then exported it as a glm named w_galen, then put it in a folder named GalenMarek_sn (sn is for single, or forehand), then put it in my pk3 in models/weapons2, then made a new .sab file that uses the forehand saber, and got rid of all the tags pertaining to staff sabers, and then boom, working in-game

That's basically what I've been doing all this time, except I called mine GalenMarek (I renamed the BH version to GalenMarek_bh).

Edit: This is weird. I just tested it in MP (I don't play MP) and in the MP menu selection it looks fine. The went back to SP menu and looks bright white again. Can you try the saber in SP?

• 2 weeks later...

We need real backhanded animations and not just a single bladed staff.

I merged the animations/stances  from @Seven's Galen Marek Jedi Adventure Robes and @katanamaru's Backhand Style with @dark_apprentice's Starkiller models and made 2 version of each one, single and dual backhand sabers (at least for the Raxus, Training, Arena, Tie, Armor, Industrial, and Dark versions, also the jedi dv. version but that I also added the robes from Seven's model).

Not perfect, but so far I am happy with them.

t43UZiX.jpg

6pGSEfn.jpg

katanamaru and swegmaster like this

@@The Punisher, how did you add the animations to the models? and could you put a link to the models with the animations?

Well, I am not sure about placing the file for public sharing...I think I will need authorization from the original uploaders/creators. If I can have their blessings, I can share the models.

What I did was easier than I thought (and I had no idea what I was doing).

I've been trying to assign the .gla file via HexEditing but it always crashed the game. Then I made a Frankenstein of katanamru's version with the head form Dark_Apprentice, but  the animations no  longer worked. Then I realized that during export, the ,gla file is set back to the normal humanoid gla file.  I also remembered that to work with the sabers, we had to remove the .gla file during the export....so I thought, could it be as easier as re-assigning the correct .gla file on the export option? Well, it was....What I did was the following:

(will use the tie version for the example)

Set up my working folder with ..\GameData\Base\models\player\[player_model]

added both a.gla/animation folders and the backhand saber folder so I have:

\GameData\Base\models\player\_humanoid_dbgalen  (dual backhand from Katanamaru's model)

\GameData\Base\models\player\_humanoid_galen (single backhand form Seven's model)

\GameData\Base\models\player\starkiller_tie

\GameData\base\models\weapons2\GalenMarek

Created 2 new folder for each version

\GameData\Base\models\player\[player_model_sbh]

\GameData\Base\models\player\[player_model_dbh]

Now I have 

\GameData\Base\models\player\_humanoid_dbgalen  (dual backhand from Katanamaru's model)

\GameData\Base\models\player\_humanoid_galen (single backhand form Seven's model)

\GameData\Base\models\player\starkiller_tie

\GameData\Base\models\player\starkiller_tie_dbh
\GameData\Base\models\player\starkiller_tie_sbh

\GameData\base\models\weapons2\GalenMarek

copied just the "model.glm" and the ".skin" files from the original model to each of the 2 new folders so I had the base model while keeping the original intact.

This is important so in SP, I select the regular version without custom animations to play in order for it to show in the cutscenes. Then I activate the custom model from the console ("playermodel [player_model]". Otherwise, if you select the models with custom animations from the player selection menu, they don't show in the cutscenes or show static (like a statue).

Imported the model.glm from the "sbh" folder with Blender.

Without doing anything to the model, I just exported again to the same folder, but in the export window, selected models/players/_humanoid_galen/_humanoid for the .gla file.

Repeated the process for the dbh version and assigned models/players/_humanoid_dbgalen/_humanoid_dbgalen for the .gla file.

Created the NPCs for each version and specify to use the backhand saber.

Added the 2 animation folders and the 2 new model folders and the npcs (I acutally have 1 single npc file for all the starkiller models) to the original pack.

Do the same for any other model you want to add the animations (starkiller_training, starkiller_arena, etc.)

Play the game with the normal/original model (without custom animations)

once in the game, open the console and select the player model I want (i.e. playermodel starkiller_tie_dbh or playermodel starkiller_raxus_sbh).

That's it. I still have to figure out a few of issues

If I don't specify the blade color in the NPC, the blade is red by default. Need to figure out how to tell the NPC not to change the blade color from the one currently selected.

None of the custom animation models like the Security locks (the unlock icon doesn't shows,, have to switch to the normal model to unlock it, then switch back to the custom model).

Hope this helps...

@@The Punisher, did you fix and export the raxus starkiller model with the fixed datapad?

I didn't had any issues exporting it. I even added more "3D bandages" in the upper arms to make it look better (Have to work a little bit on the right arm. You can see it the screenshot above, I did it for both models)  .....try using only "lradius" for vertex and see if that helps.