[Request] Mas Amedda / Darth Wyyrlok

Hi folks.

Was wondering if any of our community modellers would fancy trying their hand at this chap - he's of the Chagrian species, and is glimpsed throughout the prequel trilogy:

Mas12432.jpg

His name is Mas Amedda. In the films he is basically Palpatine's toady in the Galactic Senate. Alternatively, in the EU there is the more fiercesome-looking Sith of the same species, Darth Wyyrlok:

Wrrlockheadlegacycpver.jpg

Would anybody be willing to make a model of this Chagrian species? I've always found them to be one of the more interesting species to come out of the prequels - like a more dangerous version of the Togruta. If you do consider taking up the request, they would only need a basic skin to start off with, as I would be happy to do the actual re-texturing to make them distinguishable as Mas Amedda / Wyyrlok respectively.

Many thanks, 

Kualan

Omicron likes this

Interesting. I'm surprised that this one was never made.

Aye, he's one of those chaps that seems to have fallen through the cracks during the height of the JK modding years - along with folks like Pablo Jill and Bail Organa. But hey, if Boss Nass can get a belated model release then maybe there's hope for Mas Amedda yet!

Aye, he's one of those chaps that seems to have fallen through the cracks during the height of the JK modding years - along with folks like Pablo Jill and Bail Organa. But hey, if Boss Nass can get a belated model release then maybe there's hope for Mas Amedda yet!

Bail Organa could be reskinned from the Lando model. Or at least his Episode III outfit can. Not sure about his Senate outfit. I'm surprised that hasn't been done.

When was Boss Nass released? I know it was in MBII but I didn't know it released separately.

Cerez likes this

Bail Organa could be reskinned from the Lando model. Or at least his Episode III outfit can. Not sure about his Senate outfit. I'm surprised that hasn't been done.

When was Boss Nass released? I know it was in MBII but I didn't know it released separately.

That's not a bad suggestion about the Lando model. Not a bad suggestion at all. I'll have a look into that myself and see what I can come up with.

And Boss Nass was released on the filefront site: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Boss_Nass;116371

Cerez and Circa like this

That's a decent model. It should be hosted on JKHub.

You should take a stab at Bail. You're a great skinner, you can do it. :D

I'll give it a shot, but can't make any promises. Making reskins of human faces is a farcry from a few clone trooper armours. The last time I tried it was to make a Captain Typho variant of MB2's Panaka model:

Typho.jpg

Was never happy enough with it to contact the MB2 team about releasing it. Might return to work on that too one of these days.

Someone did make a Wyrlock once. It wasn't very good. I don't remember their name, but I may have it. It was the same arthor who did the Demona model.

I went a-snooping after reading this post, and stumbled across an old filefront thread where someone was posting not just Wyyrlok, but a whole bunch of Legacy-era Sith models:

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-modding-mapping-editing/374926-new-sith-order-model-screens.html

They could do with some heavy re-tooling in the skinning department, and some (such as the Quarren and Aqualish Sith) contain ported content - but does anyone have the other models? They were apparently hosted at the Void for a time. I'd love to get my hands on some of them for some tinkering.

I went a-snooping after reading this post, and stumbled across an old filefront thread where someone was posting not just Wyyrlok, but a whole bunch of Legacy-era Sith models:

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-modding-mapping-editing/374926-new-sith-order-model-screens.html

They could do with some heavy re-tooling in the skinning department, and some (such as the Quarren and Aqualish Sith) contain ported content - but does anyone have the other models? They were apparently hosted at the Void for a time. I'd love to get my hands on some of them for some tinkering.

He stole most of those textures without giving credit. He was a horrible texture artist and modeler too. :P

He never released the Wyyrlok I don't think, not even on the Void.

Okay, I understood  :) In this forum, we can find a lots of good stuff, what a waste every links to download are dead. Maybe somebody has some stuff from there?

Probably not. There aren't many others that were a part of that forum. Only a handful of us. If someone does have it, I'd be extremely surprised.

Okay, I understood  :) In this forum, we can find a lots of good stuff, what a waste every links to download are dead. Maybe somebody has some stuff from there?

Aye, it is a shame so many folks opted for Filefront back before it began such an aggressive deleting policy. There are some skinpacks on the Void that I would love to re-download but are most likely lost forever, such as the Pellaeon pack.

bednarro, Jeff and Circa like this

I'll give this one shameless bump on the off-chance that it was overlooked by one or two folks, but failing that I'll just have to accept that these chaps probably won't see the light of day!

I'm sure some people wouldn't mind doing it but everyone is so busy with their own projects.
  • 7 months later...