Base Swoop Reskins - New Styles

So I'm doing two overhauls of JA Single Player. A Base overhaul that just modifies everything existing in game as far as music/appearances/combat/models/skins/textures/etc, and an additional overhaul that adds a lot more to the game (which I'm still figuring out how to do).

One of my mini project was to redo the swoop bikes for the T2_Trip level to be a bit more appealing to the eye. I've started to reskin all seven of them, here's what I have so far:

fMnQbvW.jpg

r5ED4kP.jpg

wxC1AYH.jpg

Have to make four more. 

The Base game has these seven: red, green, silver, and purple hull with orange stripes. It has one black model which is different than all other six in terms of skin. It then has a blue with a white stripe and an orange/gold with a black stripe.

The swoop ultra mod sort of replaces the black swoop with the same skin just a different color, look here:

nGFtuFJ.jpg

now here is the swoop ultra.

5n6Un7E.jpg

I'm looking for ideas, color combinations to make the swoops more cool looking / interesting. Anyone have any ideas? I'm working on a 4th one now, its a bit different than the first three. I'm starting to incorporate designs into their skins like graphics sort of.

Smoo, yeyo JK and krkarr like this

Changing the textures would be difficult, for this model the Flare-S variant according to wookiepedia, base JA has two skins, the black one and the striped one appearing in 6 colors. I would have to design a new one that would fit in the skin for each component of the swoop bike. I like the secondary model better because its more mechanical than the colored variants.

So from base JA we have:

Red w/ orange stripes
Green w/ orange stripes

Purple w/ orange stripes

Silver Grey w/ orange sripes

Blue w/ white stripes

Orange w/ black stripes

Black

Now so far I have

Beige Grey with green stripes (replacing green)

Silver Grey with blue & sky blue stripes (replacing silver)

Purple Pink with yellow stripes (replacing purple)

Rustic Gold with face graphic (shown below) (replacing black)

(need 3 more)

GQHw5QT.jpg

Lancelot likes this

I will, but I just came up with 8 new designs that I want to do first. Is there any way I could add one or more additional vehicle skins to the swoop.npc roster? So that in the T2_trip level if there are say, 8 skins (the seven base skins plus one more) that the vehicles spawned in the level will be more randomized? The seven base skins will all be redone but I have so many color combinations that to get all the ones I want I may have to add additional npcs to the file.

• 2 weeks later...

Update here are the ones that I've shown above on the swoops in-game

silver and blue:

GIOInfv.jpg

0itBS7c.jpg

silver&blue, purple&yellow, & lime green all together: (purple reminds me of thrust's color scheme from Beast Machines)

yVNQ4m6.jpg

WvpZbtb.jpg

TOTALLY NEW, mandalorian style swoop, part of my new project (this one will be in the official single player mod)

WYJQxS7.jpg

tXQr5lH.jpg

5C5EDmt.jpg

TOTALLY NEW this is 'Rusty' a re-decorated version of the black swoop to look more shadows of the empiresque and more fitting for an arid terrain, this one will also be in the single player mod, and its also very old:

ObxoRHh.jpg

vz4AH9T.jpg

cMjRDf9.jpg

all of them together, including the swoop ultra from another file:

U494QfG.jpg

uaNAnqA.jpg

28RetPg.jpg

hope you enjoy them! I will release a pack when I have made the rest!

Just finished another one, called "Black Sun," it's also a beta, will probably change the final one around a bit. Another SOTE themed swoop, this time after the personal colors of Xizor (cobalt blue, purple, yellow, and green). It is the third planned one that I will include in the mod.

I'm open to criticisms, let me know if you think its too wacky or if I need to tone down the color detail. 

5Mci6C2.jpg

trgS0tm.jpg

20GGJvX.jpg

zMK0hqC.jpg

FNqrky0.jpg

Noodle likes this

version 2 of the Black Sun swoop. Less random color more of a consistent pattern, edited the saturation and contrast / brightness as well

uAFTEMy.jpg

UBMCZQg.jpg

Q33RoTj.jpg

PIZa4hx.jpg

mOkN6Is.jpg

and I edited the engine after-burner effect to be a blue glow in line with the swoop's flares that shoot out blue fire when you turn / boost. It didn't make sense to have a purple engine exhaust color with blue flame.

EtXVgkr.jpg

Smoo and Jeff like this

totally new! the fourth skin that will appear in my pack, an updated design based on the silver swoop, it's supposed to have more of a racer look to it.

The colors were inspired by the Shelby 730 Razor podracer from the episode 1 game for N64 as well as a few other concept arts I've seen.

The faction for this swoop is the Hutt clan, or used by Hutt enforcers/mercenaries (symbol on the top by the seat/control panel).

Njrhwo2.jpg

cms1HNT.jpg

9L86mWM.jpg

mHuqZ6B.jpg

QrDLB3t.jpg

here it is for comparison with the older silver one, I took the 'stripes' idea and expanded it here for this one.

8Ply0M8.jpg

z1KTKGa.jpg

Jeff likes this