Is there any way to make one NPC file spawn multiple different models?

I'm just curious. In the single player NPC files, for weequay and trandoshan, they each spawn a RGB-colored variant of the model to add some variety to the clone effect. I am trying to get rid of this clone effect in my overhaul of the SP game. Since I do not have the skills to add npc markers in the single player map levels, I am trying to figure out if I can edit the existing npc markers by tweaking the NPC files themselves to make it so that for example, 'npc spawn weequay' will spawn a weequay, but there will be another npc in the file also named weequay (or several) with different models, like the klatooinian or the nikto. That way, in the single player level, when running across triggers that spawn enemy npcs (notably the gangster levels) instead of just a weequay running out from the next room there will be a nikto instead, or maybe a gand, or an ubese. I've tried this but it seems to only want to spawn the first npc, whichever model that is.

Why couldn't you roll your own npc file which is a variation of the ones you want that removes the color or enforce the color you want.

Have you tried setting the team key on all of the possible NPCs to be the same string? I'm not sure if this feature works for triggered NPCs or not

I thought that would work but I have no idea how it does lol. The jedi_random npc is a magic npc that acts unlike all the others... I've even opened it in notepad to see the coding and I can't decipher how it does that. If I could repeat that effect of the jedi_random npc for all the alien gangsters to get rid of the clone effect then I could do the same for imperial npcs and saber-wielding cultists and reborn. 

Also, what's up with jedi_random and the single player game not spawning npcs of the species that you choose? IE If you choose human male, you will never see other human male variant npcs, if you choose twi'lek female, you will never see any other twi'lek female npcs. There must be some code hard-wired to what the player npc is before you spawn one of the jedi_random npcs, because it has that extra addendum to not spawn something of your own specie.

You can't, it only works with the models that are split up like Jaden with different heads/torsos/legs. It randomly selects from the jedi_hf, hm, zf, tf, kdm, etc.

Which is controlled in the code. Or combination of code and something in the file.