Battlefront(2004) map in MD3 to GTKradiant 1.4

Hi, I converted this Star Wars Battlefront (2004) map to MD3: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/795/images/116385_3.jpg

at the moment this is the result (it haven't textures) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i8RkaXdKiLRmFqd2Nkajh1aDA/view?usp=sharing

My project is port this map to Jedi Academy

I have two questions: How import this to GTKradiant 1.4? Do you think that is possible port a battlefront map?

.map export in Blender won't give you very good results. MD3 has limited dimensions so it won't fit a whole map, but you could maybe try .obj or .ase.

But you can't import anything else as map geometry in Radiant, can you? If you can then I've been doing things the hard way for a long time.

No, it would be a model. You'd probably have to export it as multiple models - things with large triangles like the terrain can be automatically clipped with spawnflags 2 while the more intricate geometry would have to be hand-clipped.

.map export in Blender won't give you very good results. MD3 has limited dimensions so it won't fit a whole map, but you could maybe try .obj or .ase.

@@Javitolo98 can use the MD3 but cut them to the parts.. Creating clips can be made simply by exporting the whole map/model again but as the .map file . In gtkradiant You just change the texture of the whole map as the clip brush BUT it will not be new clip with the shader using the sand material. 

I made it for my sarlacc map and it worked... not sure for the map like this but i think the only problem could be the patch amount and detail of everything..

Important: if you use MD3 for rebuiold map on radiant...

- you can set manually texture on blender before export on md3 by selecting each separated mesh and add into custom properties

of object

MD3shader

models/map_objetcts ? maps? /*mapname/*texture name

example: md3shader and value: models/asd/abbey/abbey1025

- second issue: you need to split a MD3 into more pieces. never exceed of more of 1000 vertexes for mesh or you get serious trouble

when you run level on JKA you will get error message and crash map if a mesh get more of 1000 vertexes.

however, is better to split into meshes of 500 max vertexes each one, because more of 500 vertexes are dangerous near to shader max limit index of JKA. personally i split my MD3 to pieces of 500 vertexes each one for avoid any graphical issue.

Important: if you use MD3 for rebuiold map on radiant...

- you can set manually texture on blender before export on md3 by selecting each separated mesh and add into custom properties

of object

MD3shader

models/map_objetcts ? maps? /*mapname/*texture name

example: md3shader and value: models/asd/abbey/abbey1025

- second issue: you need to split a MD3 into more pieces. never exceed of more of 1000 vertexes for mesh or you get serious trouble

when you run level on JKA you will get error message and crash map if a mesh get more of 1000 vertexes.

however, is better to split into meshes of 500 max vertexes each one, because more of 500 vertexes are dangerous near to shader max limit index of JKA. personally i split my MD3 to pieces of 500 vertexes each one for avoid any graphical issue.

Working with Md3 props in blender is cool because you can also work using seams and not edge splits which can be rly annoying sometimes

these are nice tips, at the momentIt takes a lot of time load the map in  GTKradiant ,a question , before continue i want to test the map in game but when i try to add an spawn point the program says that it can't create it.

which program? radiant or JKA? if is somethine like "cannot find a spawn point" when you load a map is because you are trying to load a map without a spawn point for player. you can add it with entity modding editing the bsp, or if is a your own map, on radiant with right click of mouse on the grid and adding an "info_player_start" entity. :)