Blender .GLM exported character not working

Hiya. So I rigged a character model to _humanoid in blender for use in Jedi Outcast. I tried exporting the model directly to .GLM but it didn't work. I tried opening up in modview and I got this error:

LyYr37r.png

And I tried re-importing the exported .glm and it seems like only the skeleton is exporting. I'm thinking I might have set something up wrong in the model itself.

y7hFoK5.png

Is there something I'm missing here?

Isn't model_root usually the parent of mesh_ and skeleton_root?

Atleast that's what I seem to recall.

Now that you mention it, the typical parenting should be:

- scene_root
  - model_root_0
  - skeleton_root

While the picture shows the model_root_0 parented to the skeleton_root. Try parenting the model_root_0 to scene_root instead.

I've got my skeleton_root and scene_root separate.

heFEQHW.png

Under "hips_0" is of course the rest of the segments. Also note that this hierarchy worked for me.

I remember when I first did the hierarchy and weight painting. I first did the hierarchy to what it was meant to be, then I set up the weight painting (selecting segments and parenting to the armature). When I set up that armature parenting, it reset my hierarchy, so I had to redo it. Ever since then, I've been parenting the segments to the armature/skeleton, then completing the hierarchy. It's been working, too.

I guess both ways of parenting the scene root and skeleton root is ok to do when working on a JKA character?

ooeJack