Model2 key with func_useable

I've got a func_useable in my map that's just a square brush covered with the system/origin texture. It starts off (hidden) and a script uses it to make it appear. I've got a model I made set with the model2 key but I get a "SV_setbrushmodel null model for ent number 2" message. I've also tried setting the model with the model button in the entity window, but nothing shows up when the func_useable is made visible. Also, I need to change the default angle of the model. Will that be as simple as giving the func_useable the key, value of "angle 270" or is there some key not listed in the entity window like model_angle or something?

Smoo likes this

An entity consisting solely of system/origin doesn't work because during compilation that brush is removed and only its location is used, resulting in an entity without a model, which is illegal. Add a small system/nodraw brush to it as well, which won't be removed.

Smoo likes this

Okay, I'm doing something similar in the same map, but now I'm using a func_static with a model2. I made my func_statics with an origin brush and a nodraw brush, gave them a model2 key. But I'm getting the same sv_setbrushmodel null error message. Entity number 32. I don't know why I would be getting that now, I thought maybe it was a problem with either of my 2 func_statics, maybe I cloned them from another entity and it caused a problem or something, so I deleted them and remade them, but the error is still there. There are no other ents in the map that should be causing this problem as far as I know.

Is there a way in Radiant to figure out which entity is "entity 32"? I've tried hitting the L key to see the entity list, but they're not numbered. Also tried hitting M for map info, but there's nothing useful there either.

EDIT: Okay, this is weird. On a hunch, I opened up my map file in a text editor, scrolled down to entity 32 and I found this:

// entity 32

{
"classname" "NPC_Stormtrooper"
"NPC_targetname" "trooper1"
"angle" "225"
"origin" "248 64 24"
}

wut.

Okay, I'm doing something similar in the same map, but now I'm using a func_static with a model2. I made my func_statics with an origin brush and a nodraw brush, gave them a model2 key. But I'm getting the same sv_setbrushmodel null error message. Entity number 32. I don't know why I would be getting that now, I thought maybe it was a problem with either of my 2 func_statics, maybe I cloned them from another entity and it caused a problem or something, so I deleted them and remade them, but the error is still there. There are no other ents in the map that should be causing this problem as far as I know.

Is there a way in Radiant to figure out which entity is "entity 32"? I've tried hitting the L key to see the entity list, but they're not numbered. Also tried hitting M for map info, but there's nothing useful there either.

EDIT: Okay, this is weird. On a hunch, I opened up my map file in a text editor, scrolled down to entity 32 and I found this:

wut.

Try using Misc -> Find Brush... and setting its Entity number to 32.