Backhand version of Ashura's High Quality Starkiller hilt

Yeah, I'm using blender. To select the entire model press "A" (without the quotes). To deselect it, press "A" again.

Yeah, I did that too but for some reason it doesn't actually rotate the model. @@AshuraDX do you know how to select the model properly so it actually rotates? Because in Blender using "A" doesn't work.

Yeah, I did that too but for some reason it doesn't actually rotate the model. @@AshuraDX do you know how to select the model properly so it actually rotates? Because in Blender using "A" doesn't work.

for the millionth time:

I

do

not

use

blender

:D sorry but I had to repeat it this way, I really have no clue about how you'd do that in blender

Daedra likes this

Agh, fool of a Ramikad! How could I not see it any sooner?!

Rotating the WHOLE model, you'll also rotate the scene_root - so basically, by its point of view, nothing has rotated. You only have to rotate the model_root by 180 degrees on either the X or Y axis, and perhaps lower it a little bit, but the scene_root must remain untouched.

..and how do I do that? I selected the model_root, then on the left side menu selected rotate, Y then 180 but it still wasn't rotated.

Just select and rotate the model_root instead of all the model. Since the mesh is parented to that everything will rotate even if you just select the model_root. You can select it directly from the hierarchy, just under scene_root.

- scene_root

| - model_root_0   <- this one

| - w_saber_0

| - etc

The Punisher likes this

Just select and rotate the model_root instead of all the model. Since the mesh is parented to that everything will rotate even if you just select the model_root. You can select it directly from the hierarchy, just under scene_root.

- scene_root

| - model_root_0   <- this one

| - w_saber_0

| - etc

Thanks! It worked! Now have to figure out why the blade still comes out the back of the hilt....

Thanks! It worked! Now have to figure out why the blade still comes out the back of the hilt....

That's strange. Since everything, saber and tags, is parented to model_root and ultimately to scene_root, if you rotate the model_root it should rotate the tags as well. It's almost as if it ignored hierarchy.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:o :o :o  :o :o

how did you do that?

selecting model_root works well for changing the Z Axis of the POSITION to a -5 to place the hand in the right place, like so:

25d008c46130e6a4e8f9f4a89e9b2959.png

That screenshot is also my finished version.

As for turning it around, I altered the Y Axis of the ROTATION to 180, but you have to select the entire model with "A" first. Once it's rotated you have to press "A" again to deselect it then you can export it. I forgot if that was model_root or not, but I am 80% sure it was model_root.

I have made the backhand version of ALL available colors, which you can obtain by using these commands:

saber Starkiller (Default Red color)

saber Starkiller_blue (Blue color)

saber Starkiller_green (Green color)

saber Starkiller_purple (Purple color)

saber Starkiller_yellow (Yellow color)

saber Starkiller_orange (Orange color)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6484yx6ec9lu3r/starkiller_saber_backhand.pk3

Understand that if you use these, it will conflict with the regular non-backhand versions that @@AshuraDX made, so you can only use one or the other, not both.

actually, i figured out how to do it, i even made a version that doesn't conflict with the forehand sabers

Yeah it's just a matter of altering the .sab file but I couldn't be bothered. :P But cool glad it worked out for you. :D

I'm not sure how the glow works. If it was me trying to figure it out, I'd start with the shader file first, and .sab file second.

I think is not related to the shader (which I am a total idiot when it comes to shaders). I am trying to understand it by looking at the .sab file and as far as I can see, it uses 2 blades....the first blade seems to be positioned where the crystal goes and simulates the crystal/glow, and the second blade is the actual saber blade. 

Daedra likes this

I think is not related to the shader (which I am a total idiot when it comes to shaders). I am trying to understand it by looking at the .sab file and as far as I can see, it uses 2 blades....the first blade seems to be positioned where the crystal goes and simulates the crystal/glow, and the second blade is the actual saber blade. 

You could try changing the color of Blade2 in the .sab file.

Take a look at the .sab file in my download here:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2273-28-new-saber-colors/

It should show you the basic layout of changing the blade colors on the same saber.

If that fails, then it is definitely the Shader and this should help you a bit:

https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/173-basic-shader-file-writing-tutorial/