Demo mission?

afi

After playing the JK2 demo, couldn't that be part of the game if it was a bit more polished?

I actually wanted to request that, too.

The map is also bonus level of the Gamecube version I own, and is called Mission on Alzoc III. I think it would be great to make it part of the PC version as well.

Sure, the demo can be played mostly without any problems in JK2 (which means that you can take the .pk3-files of the demo, put them into a mod folder and load them in-game), I think it has great potential to be more than that.

Unfortunately, there are no source files of the map. But it would be badass to see a enhanced version of it.

Here's a screenshot for those who don't know the demo:

evenement-mission-sur-alzoc-iii-8761.jpg

Smoo likes this

Question is if it would be possible to implement that into the actual storyline and if yes, when. The intro sequence implies that it actually takes place before the events of JK2.

I would suggest that it should be a bonus mission that can be unlocked after the game has been finished. Otherwise it would interrupt the pacing of the game if the mission is

placed inbetween the actual missions.

The intro sequence should be altered to reflect that it takes place some time after Jedi Outcast. And because Kyle uses his lightsaber there, it would make sense to turn the mission

into a sequel.

eezstreet and Smoo like this

I would suggest that it should be a bonus mission that can be unlocked after the game has been finished. Otherwise it would interrupt the pacing of the game if the mission is

placed inbetween the actual missions.

The intro sequence should be altered to reflect that it takes place some time after Jedi Outcast. And because Kyle uses his lightsaber there, it would make sense to turn the mission

into a sequel.

This is how it was in the console versions of the game, so I will likely do it that way too.

TheWhitePhoenix and Smoo like this

Well, it's not 100% logical since Kyle doesn't have full force powers in that mission. But I agree, I don't really see a good way to implement that into the story.

Because this is demo. But nothing can stop you to change force powers for implementing this map into a story.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Before we even think about making this an unlockable level or a bonus level of sorts, the level needs to work first. The Alpha 1 build can't load this level because the level crashes loading snowflake1 (the texture's name speaks for itself). That means other maps with snow won't work.

But when that problem is fixed, I'd think that it would be a great idea to have it as an unlockable bonus level.

The map is also bonus level of the Gamecube version I own, and is called Mission on Alzoc III. I think it would be great to make it part of the PC version as well.

Sure, the demo can be played mostly without any problems in JK2 (which means that you can take the .pk3-files of the demo, put them into a mod folder and load them in-game), I think it has great potential to be more than that.

I know not many people have played the Gamecube version compared to the PC version, but let me tell you something: The Gamecube version of JK2's menu absolutely kicks the PC version's ass. If I remember right, it had the a level select, character bios, movie select, movies playing in the background instead of the still image, and the playable demo level. I was honestly surprised at how cool the menu was because I actually tried the Gamecube version back in 2014 when I saw it for real cheap on Ebay.

Lancelot likes this

Before we even think about making this an unlockable level or a bonus level of sorts, the level needs to work first. The Alpha 1 build can't load this level because the level crashes loading snowflake1 (the texture's name speaks for itself). That means other maps with snow won't work.

But when that problem is fixed, I'd think that it would be a great idea to have it as an unlockable bonus level.

I know not many people have played the Gamecube version compared to the PC version, but let me tell you something: The Gamecube version of JK2's menu absolutely kicks the PC version's ass. If I remember right, it had the a level select, character bios, movie select, movies playing in the background instead of the still image, and the playable demo level. I was honestly surprised at how cool the menu was because I actually tried the Gamecube version back in 2014 when I saw it for real cheap on Ebay.

That reminds me....Does anyone wanna program an extras where they show the stuff similar to the Gamecube version such as the character bios and such? Hell, how about the JKA version as well!? That would be GLORIOUS! :D

McGroose and Lancelot like this