Func_bobbing (GTK)

I took a look at this func but I didn't have a chance to test it to its full extent.

I got a brush floating, okay that's easy. Then I wanted to get a model floating, supossedly it has a model2 attribute and then loads a md3, but I see nothing but the previous block.

Any ideas?

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

It needs to have an origin brush for where the model will appear as part of the func_bobbing entity itself.

So, I create a caulk brush? Or what type of brush?

THen I guess I a model inside? 

If  you meant using model2 I don't get how it works 

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

It's a simple block, with system/origin texture, in the center of the func_bobbing. You'll want to include this as part of that entity.

let me see if i understand, cause i actually tried it and it crashed my game.

> block

> system/origin texture

> model2 porperty inside of func_bobbing?

or you mean misc_model, then placing a cube around it with sys/origin?

Alternatively, you can try placing a misc_model and linking it to the func_bobbing, if you don't mind using one more entity.

I got this to work actually, still i'd like to save one entity... 

No, you need to have a brush with the system/origin texture be part of the func_bobbing.  Then the model2 key will work or at least that's how it's designed to.  It can't just be a brush by itself though, it must be a brush that's part of the entity group itself ie before you select it and tell it to be a func_bobbing, that must also be included.

eezstreet likes this