[WIP] unnamed Lightsaber

game mesh done

Your post sent me a notification even though it wasn't directed at me, and ironically i love shiny metallic curvy hilts haha, awesome work.

I had tagged you, was a typo which I fixed in a later edit ^^U

a quick and dirty texture test:

dirty might not be the fitting term since this thing is currently completely clean, not a single scratch nor the slightest bit of dust can be found here atm

I plan to include color variation for the glowy things, so you can have it match your sabercolor

I tried to setup my sketchfab material to resemble JKAs renderer as close as possible, meaning no normal maps and a fixed glossiness value, not too happy with the specularity but oh well, can't have everything

a quick and dirty texture test:

dirty might not be the fitting term since this thing is currently completely clean, not a single scratch nor the slightest bit of dust can be found here atm

I plan to include color variation for the glowy things, so you can have it match your sabercolor

I tried to setup my sketchfab material to resemble JKAs renderer as close as possible, meaning no normal maps and a fixed glossiness value, not too happy with the specularity but oh well, can't have everything

I cant even... Wow OqO

if there are no incoming suggestions for names I'll name this hilt "Guilty Pleasure" inspired by @Langerds first post in this thread :D

"Guilty Pleasure" -The first lightsaber with two functions!!!

You can slash Your enemies, deflect blaster bolts and use the most badass weapon in the whole galaxy!!!

8c57267573888a3103390b61c65ae3ad.jpg

And of course :

a4e74c010d7b760e268dca82cdd9407b.jpg

AshuraDX likes this

Oh, damn. I've been away for a while, and I just saw this.

Thanks for making it @AshuraDX @Rooxon, and I honestly didn't think of a name for it.

Just.. DAMN.

Edit: So.. okay I thought it would only be appropriate to give you link of the art that made me request this saber, the artist's name is broodofevil on deviantart

http://broodofevil.deviantart.com/art/Lightsaber-v5-109286616

There you go, enjoy his cool work.

Final Edit: I already sent @@AshuraDX a message telling him the name, the name will be Vathius.

Langerd likes this

Nice! You could add a few tris to round out that "spoon" at the top. Can't say i'm a big fan of the TRON lights tho, i'd rather see different materials to break the uniformity but that's just me.

allready removing some of the glow effects

not gonna add any more tris, it allready sits at a whooping 1666 vertices

@AshuraDX Your model is sweet and very nice detailed but i have one suggestion - these red lines. I think they would look better if they wouldnt be one flat colour only.

I made a little change to show You what i am talking about

b1d0ce6025b68eb2913312efdf3659a5.jpg

This is only the suggestion O~O ..

I am bad at them T.T

@AshuraDX Your model is sweet and very nice detailed but i have one suggestion - these red lines. I think they would look better if they wouldnt be one flat colour only.

I made a little change to show You what i am talking about

b1d0ce6025b68eb2913312efdf3659a5.jpg

This is only the suggestion O~O ..

I am bad at them T.T

&&0

hmmm indeed, I may make some variations for all saber colors then had intended to use an alphamapping system to get the different color glows

Langerd likes this