Jedi Academy: Enhanced link isn't working

Hi there,

I've just come back to the wonderful world of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, mainly due to my excitement from The Force Awakens. I'm getting some mods for JKA, but there's one that I'm particularly interested in... yet I can't seem to access it. I made my account specifically to see if having an account would have an effect on it. It did not. I'll also add that I get the error 500 - internal server error. :/ http://jkhub.org/files/file/2550-jedi-academy-enhanced/

I'm not sure how it can be fixed, but I would love to be able to download it soon.

Thanks!

Jango40 likes this

Noted, not 100% sure what causes this. It was approved while we were being DDOSed by someone I think, which is why the file is being weird. If you provide a concrete list of files that do it, that would be helpful.

Ones that I know so far are:

- Jedi Knight Enhanced by redsaurus

I don't think it's going to be something that I'm going to fix via the DB, I think I'm going to log into each person's account and just redo the downloads by hand. Sorry about the inconveniences.

Noted, not 100% sure what causes this. It was approved while we were being DDOSed by someone I think, which is why the file is being weird. If you provide a concrete list of files that do it, that would be helpful.

Ones that I know so far are:

- Jedi Knight Enhanced by redsaurus

I don't think it's going to be something that I'm going to fix via the DB, I think I'm going to log into each person's account and just redo the downloads by hand. Sorry about the inconveniences.

- Epic Challenge Mod II

Ok, so I've figured out why this is happening, but just to be safe, I created a copy of the original download and moved all the reviews/downloads etc to it. So if you see notifications, @@redsaurus / staff, that's why.

Basically you have an image at some URL (redsaurus.net, I think it was) that keeps timing out/taking a long time to load. So that's why it's giving a 500 error, I think. I removed the image and the page is loading a lot better.

Basically, some images aren't lazily loaded in a sane way. This is something that needs adjusted. But I can't justify it when a site upgrade is going to happen. Issues mostly arise from downloads with lots of images, big images and/or ones on unreliable hosts.

Ok, so I've figured out why this is happening, but just to be safe, I created a copy of the original download and moved all the reviews/downloads etc to it. So if you see notifications, @@redsaurus / staff, that's why.

Basically you have an image at some URL (redsaurus.net, I think it was) that keeps timing out/taking a long time to load. So that's why it's giving a 500 error, I think. I removed the image and the page is loading a lot better.

Basically, some images aren't lazily loaded in a sane way. This is something that needs adjusted. But I can't justify it when a site upgrade is going to happen. Issues mostly arise from downloads with lots of images, big images and/or ones on unreliable hosts.

That's why I always recommended staff to download all remote images and upload manually, to avoid weird issues like that, and to avoid the chance of the images being deleted.

Raz0r likes this