Not-Humanoid Skeletons

Hello to alls.

i have a little question.

How can i find the original not humanoid skeleton with bones (not shapes like the raven sdk animation package) for 3d max, used for models of rancor, tauntaun, wampa, howler, droids and other not humanoid creatures of JO \ JA?

i wanna use to rig some monster models...

You will need to import them. I suggest using scoopers GLM importer.

a glm skeleton import should be nice.

Thanks, how can i get it?

for which version of 3d max it run? :)

Yes, @@mrwonko, i know the XSi suite the non humanoid skeletons are stored into part 3 if i remember fine.

but when i see that into there was only the shapes with animation... i am searching not for animation but for the models bones  for make rigging of not-humanoid creatures. :)

Yes, also the humanoid skeleton can be used for animate not-humanoid creatures. it allow also to make saber damage by the mouth or other parts, just need simply to move the bolt_l_hand and bolt_r_hand tag on the body part that i wanna it the jedi into the fight.

times ago i animated with humanoid skeleton a not humanoid simil-crub monster. the humanoid skeleton works fine also for rig a creature without legs, like an hutt, or an humanoid worm, or a triton. but the rig of tall part is very difficult. XD

is possible to use also for a little fish, if the model is rigged just to the pelvis bone is sufficient.

what is hard to make with humanoid skeleton is to animate a creature that run on 4 legs, like a wolf or an horse. i tryed and legs have bad deformations. for this i was searching some not humanoid skeleton with more of 2 legs for rig some creature like lizard, beasts etc. 

No not GLM! you need to import the dotXSI root.xsi file for each creature. GLM/GLA files are half-precision. XSI files are (more accurate) single-precision.

If you want true bones-- use Max5 and it's xsi importer. You can then use my dotXSI Maxscript importer to import skin weights. Or my script will import the bones as point helpers.

No not GLM! you need to import the dotXSI root.xsi file for each creature. GLM/GLA files are half-precision. XSI files are (more accurate) single-precision.

If you want true bones-- use Max5 and it's xsi importer. You can then use my dotXSI Maxscript importer to import skin weights. Or my script will import the bones as point helpers.

I have max 5! . where i can get your dot Xsi max script importer ? :D

root.XSI file of raven package number 3 + your impoter, understood :)

The Max5 dotXSI import Maxscript is in the Files > Utilities section. And you use the RavenSoft Max5 dotXSI import plugin.

The Raven plugin will import/create true bones... but no skin weights. My Maxscript will create dummy helpers as bones but will import skin weights. Use both and merge the Maxscript result into a file containing the true bones.

But the Maxscript Max8 dotXSI 3.0 script doesn't support Max5. You need at least Max6. You can download a 30-day trial of Max6 from the link in my WIP ROFF Thread.

Send me a PM with your contact info.