Which JK game should I play?

Is the JK2SP movement really the same as the one in JKAMP? Because I find it really hard to do proper strafing in JK2SP compared to JKAMP

Anyway, I'm gonna check out your speed fork, seems fun

Nope. You can get the MP movement in SP through a cvar too though.

No you can't, unless you're using redsaurus' mod. There's no such cvar in base or OpenJK.

The movement in JOSP is the same as in JASP, except JASP halves your velocity each landing.

Compared to MP in general, there is higher air acceleration so you can curve your movement a bit easier. Also a bunch of smaller changes like crouching behaviour.

It's actually a lot of fun to play with, though it sometimes doesn't feel as tight/strict as I'd like.

eezstreet likes this

I actually enjoyed all the JK games. I first played JKA, then dark forces, then jedi outcast, and then finally Jedi Knight 1 (AKA dark forces II).

An odd order to play em in, but all of em were good. You'll definitely want to play the dark forces remake for JKA. It doesn't contain all the levels but it's extremely well done.

Didn't play MotS? It's very fun despite not having good cinematics.

Didn't play MotS? It's very fun despite not having good cinematics.

Ah I forgot! Yes I've played and beat it. I didn't find it as appealing as jedi knight in terms of story, but it had some interesting level design, and the swamp at the end was scary.

The swamps always had a creepy atmostsphere especially when the CD music set to the approach to endor segement featured when Vader is on the bridge of the Executor.The same music is used when you fight Jerec.

Ohh... The Mots! I've first played it only year ago and still remebering how it was creepy. Even if i known that were is no something so scary in this swamp, i still was frightened. Atmosphere in this expanation is exellent! Plus that music.)