Ferus Olin

I am not a professional with Blender or with frankensteining, but i really wanted to try it so at the moment:

aiPoM02.jpg

MqlZ3Dr.jpg

Wow, that's a superb base, dark_apprentice!! You've already captured the essence of the character -- which is the most challenging task. Awesome work so far, looking forward to this.

Edit: The lightsaber by his side: can you rig that separately to the hips (as a sub-object), so that it can be turned off (in the skin file) based on player preference?

dark_apprentice likes this

Thank you @@Cerez and I am glad to hear if I really captured the character's essence. I was going to say the same as Circa did, the model I used as base is DT's Luke Pilot (personal favorite), I have turned on the saber in the model's .skin file, because personally i like to see it :D but I am going to turn it off, like the blaster on the belt, since on the picture Ferus does not have a saber there. I am thinking of what could i use to put the red armor parts on the torso (look at the picture with Ferus, Obi-Wan and Boba Fett).

Also guys what's up with the Han Solo model anyway?! I wanted to use his hair on Olin's head instead of Luke's hair, but when i try to load it in ModView it says:

R_LoadMDX: # bones mismatch!

"models/players/han_anh/model.glm" has 72 bones

"models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid" has 53

This model probably needs recompiling

And if i try to load it in Blender it brings me only JKA's skeleton :( any ideas how could i fix that, because i really would love to see his hair over Ferus Olin's model instead of Luke's hair

Small update on the chest and left arm (also saber is now off)

kbJNI9P.jpg

Here:

Ferus_underworld.JPG

The 2 red lines under the chest go directly around the body. I'm not sure how it looks from the back however.

Edit: Try using Anakins hair on him then making the front part grey.

Also the belt should be plain.. it has these:

f2259319471ffc2c0bacc7ac5b67edcf.png

A pouch on his back, also to the left side, that metal brace to hold his saber is there.

As for the front:

5cf00bef4246f5df1f60bbd6604b399a.png

It only has this buckle with the 4 metal dots.

The buckle should be a simple re-texture :P

Here:

Ferus_underworld.JPG

The 2 red lines under the chest go directly around the body. I'm not sure how it looks from the back however.

Edit: Try using Anakins hair on him then making the front part grey.

Also the belt should be plain.. it has these:

f2259319471ffc2c0bacc7ac5b67edcf.png

A pouch on his back, also to the left side, that metal brace to hold his saber is there.

As for the front:

5cf00bef4246f5df1f60bbd6604b399a.png

It only has this buckle with the 4 metal dots.

The buckle should be a simple re-texture :P

the HS_Anakin or Toshi's Anakin hair? (Han's hair is perfect for this, aslo i need it for the second outfit where he looks more gentleman) problem is that the models of Han Solo are ported and they have more bones than the JKA _humanoid allows. I have a SW Battlefront 3 Han model but it's hair is not good and he got 5,007 Verts

The belt is already there with 3 metal dots.

9Nktqnt.jpg

and here is a in game wallpaper :D 

4dVLs4G.jpg

the HS_Anakin or Toshi's Anakin hair? (Han's hair is perfect for this, aslo i need it for the second outfit where he looks more gentleman) problem is that the models of Han Solo are ported and they have more bones than the JKA _humanoid allows. I have a SW Battlefront 3 Han model but it's hair is not good and he got 5,007 Verts

The belt is already there with 3 metal dots.

9Nktqnt.jpg

and here is a in game wallpaper :D 

4dVLs4G.jpg

Yes but still add the 2 lines around the body.

And the buckle.. it has 2 small gaps either side..

7e686712b7ad68eb5dc9a0e45ad02002.png

But other than this it looks great :)

Thank you @@Cerez and I am glad to hear if I really captured the character's essence. I was going to say the same as Circa did, the model I used as base is DT's Luke Pilot (personal favorite), I have turned on the saber in the model's .skin file, because personally i like to see it :D but I am going to turn it off, like the blaster on the belt, since on the picture Ferus does not have a saber there. I am thinking of Also guys what's up with the Han Solo model anyway?! I wanted to use his hair on Olin's head instead of Luke's hair, but when i try to load it in ModView it says:

R_LoadMDX: # bones mismatch!

"models/players/han_anh/model.glm" has 72 bones

"models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid" has 53

This model probably needs recompiling

And if i try to load it in Blender it brings me only JKA's skeleton :( any ideas how could i fix that, because i really would love to see his hair over Ferus Olin's model instead of Luke's hair

The Han model might be rigged to the JK2 skeleton instead of the JKA one.  You can switch out your _humanoid folder for the JK2 one, import the Han model and save as a .blend, then switch back to the JKA _humanoid, import whatever model you're using for the body, and link/append Han's hair from the .blend file.

The Han model might be rigged to the JK2 skeleton instead of the JKA one.  You can switch out your _humanoid folder for the JK2 one, import the Han model and save as a .blend, then switch back to the JKA _humanoid, import whatever model you're using for the body, and link/append Han's hair from the .blend file.

After i save han's hair and torso as .blend file together, than i return back to my JKA _humanoid as u said. Importing the Ferus model.glm in Blender, than I try to load in different layer the "Han.blend" file and it gives me an error. If i do it the other way (first open the .blender file, than import the .glm from JKA) same error. 

I think it might need lots of work that i am not cable of to do. And that will require Han's model to be rigged into JKA's skeleton

After i save han's hair and torso as .blend file together, than i return back to my JKA _humanoid as u said. Importing the Ferus model.glm in Blender, than I try to load in different layer the "Han.blend" file and it gives me an error. If i do it the other way (first open the .blender file, than import the .glm from JKA) same error. 

I think it might need lots of work that i am not cable of to do. And that will require Han's model to be rigged into JKA's skeleton

I don't have any projects that use this going right now, so it's kinda hard to explain.  xd But you don't load the whole .blend file, you just append the hair object/mesh.

I don't have any projects that use this going right now, so it's kinda hard to explain.  xd But you don't load the whole .blend file, you just append the hair object/mesh.

That's what i tried to do, but it didn't work so I thought why not using Han's torso texture over the other body and than change it a little bit.

That's what i tried to do, but it didn't work so I thought why not using Han's torso texture over the other body and than change it a little bit.

You didn't delete anything from Han's model before saving it as .blend, right? It might cause problems. 

You didn't delete anything from Han's model before saving it as .blend, right? It might cause problems. 

i removed his body and left the hair only, I mean i have selected the hair and than with "M" moved it to new window and deleted the torso, than I saved only the hair, opened the .glm with JKA's model with JKA _humanoid and after that loaded the hair.blend file

i removed his body and left the hair only, I mean i have selected the hair and than with "M" moved it to new window and deleted the torso, than I saved only the hair, opened the .glm with JKA's model with JKA _humanoid and after that loaded the hair.blend file

I'm not even sure in what way, but this really might cause some problems. Don't delete anything, just save it, and append only hair and body from object list.