Throwable stuff

Hi guys!

I'm learning how to do throwable stuff *click* I use 3ds Max 2015, with all plugins needed. I imported r2d2 model, deleted it's original skeleton, imported skeleton provided author of throwable stuff, and weighted model to Bone01, as the author says. Linked whole mesh, to mesh_root, and exported as model.glm. Made toss_astro folder, put in in model.glm, with textures, .skin file, made an .npc file. Phew! That's all. Yet, game crashes as I try to spawn my toss_astro :/ I'll send .pk3 to anyone who is willing to help me.

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi guys!

I'm learning how to do throwable stuff *click* I use 3ds Max 2015, with all plugins needed. I imported r2d2 model, deleted it's original skeleton, imported skeleton provided author of throwable stuff, and weighted model to Bone01, as the author says. Linked whole mesh, to mesh_root, and exported as model.glm. Made toss_astro folder, put in in model.glm, with textures, .skin file, made an .npc file. Phew! That's all. Yet, game crashes as I try to spawn my toss_astro :/ I'll send .pk3 to anyone who is willing to help me.

Thanks in advance! :D

Check it in the model viewer. Maybe it will show You some errors

"Model has 17 surfaces, but only 1 of them are connected up through the heirarchy, the rest will never be recursed into"

I'll investigate that. xD

Edit: Altough I'm sure the hierarchy was set correctly, now when I opened that glm again, it was a mess. Strange.

I was having the same trouble when i was making the teensies. Dont know what was the main issue but it happend after i by mistake parent hips to the torso of the model. Everything was screwed up.

Make sure Your model parts are parent to each other in the good way. Not sure how exactly work with glm sometimes.
Also You cant scale the bones and skeleton i think. It will crash your model completely.

Try to use default r2d2 npc with grippable class.

Example:

r2d2
{
    playermodel        r2d2
    weapon        WP_NONE
    headYawRangeLeft    180
    headYawRangeRight    180
    headPitchRangeUp    0
    headPitchRangeDown    0
    torsoYawRangeLeft    0
    torsoYawRangeRight    0
    torsoPitchRangeUp    10
    torsoPitchRangeDown    10
    reactions        3
    aim            1
    move            3
    aggression        3
    evasion            1
    intelligence        5
    playerTeam    TEAM_NEUTRAL
    enemyTeam    TEAM_NEUTRAL
//    race            bot
//    class            CLASS_R2D2
    class            CLASS_STORMTROOPER
    yawSpeed        120
    runSpeed        150
    walkSpeed        50
    height            40
    width            12
    hFOV            120
    vfov            45
    snd            r2d2
}

mo

model root and stupidtriangle_off need to be ever to the origin  0  0 0 of blender \ max project. ;)

Funny thing ... stupidtriangle_off is not needed for player model.

@@Tauns pokaż mi zdjęcie z programu. Myślę że wystarczy podnieść cały model (albo go obniżyć) i zostwić kość w tym samym miejscu. Ni wiem :P Tak mi się wydaje

Tauns likes this

Have a look, @Langerd

KpRGua5.png

Maybe it is stupid idea but try to move the model down and up and check if it will work that way. Dont move the bone. Save the file and make the backup of it because i dont know if this will not crash You model.

Po prostu zapisz sobie pod inną nazwą , model R2 wciągnij trochę w dół a kość zostaw w tej pozycji która jest. możliwe że wtedy przestanie latać na ziemią.

Kannos'v Lightdust and Veosar like this

No jets! secret antigravitational repulsive device! :D

You know whaqt would be cool? To make force push make the player float higher :D

@@Tauns

Przenieś model tak by jego środek był na dolnej końcówce kości. Pamiętaj że zmieniłeś też skalę modelu w pliku npc