Dynamic glow.. my favourite option... doesnt work

I mean.. why? I always have to mark it on ON after i play the game... but even if i mark it ON it still doesnt work!!! Help me D:

I am not using my computer and maybe i dont know if my game is patched or not..

Ok i downloaded the patch but the i cant install it :( it doesnt find my folder...

Downloaded the patch for one thing... and it doesnt work because of graphic card.. lucky me.

Well i am rly confused by it O.O and i dont rly know if downloading the drivers will work. And to begin with i have never play eith this drivers so...

It doesn't though. I had the same issue with my old PC. Graphics card was up to date. Everything was up to date. My thread on Filefront was full of people saying what you're saying until someone confirmed that not every graphics card supports it.

Cerez likes this

It's not about how old it is. It is whether the graphics card has the right implementation for the dynamic glow, and whether it plays it without having to rely on a lot of resources to do it. It's about the model and make of the graphics card, not so much about the age of the computer -- though newer naturally helps, and updating the driver(s) sometimes adds the implementation to the graphics card, fixing the lack, as @ rightly pointed out.

Specifically, it requires certain OpenGL extensions which were not supported by earlier cards.

Another issue on top of this is that the list of supported extensions grew too large for JA (causing it to crash) so driver vendors added in a hack to only report certain extensions (potentially removing the extension that dynamic glow relies on)

OpenJK fixes the crash, and the driver will report the full set of extensions.

If it doesn't work on OpenJK, the only answer is: your card is too old to support this OpenGL extension.

In some cases, though not generally advisable at all, it could be worth checking out an OpenGL wrapper (such as GLDirect) that implements the OpenGL extensions whilst using a Direct3D driver.

This is usually implemented as an OpenGL DLL that sits next to JA's executable, so it will load this driver instead of the system driver.

Langerd, Cerez and Circa like this
  • 3 years later...