Dalek laser effect

I want to enhance my Dalek sound mod by changing the effect of the Disruptors charged fire mode,

to make it feel more like the Dalek gunstick.

That's why I'm looking for someone who could change the effect to something like this:

jack19.jpg

I know it's impossible to create an X-Ray effect in Jedi Academy, that's why I'm rather looking for an

effect that makes the enemy glow. The enemy should remain afterwards, as of he was shot by a regular weapon.

With some coding an x-ray effect is far from impossible - you'd just need a skeleton model that would be placed inside the zapped person. Then you give the original model a transparent glowing shader and you're basically done, I think. Not sure how good it'd look, transparency and overlapping surfaces might look weird and an actual Fragment Shader might achieve a better result but that would be way more work. But cool.

There's an illegal port of Quake 3's skeleton player model which you shouldn't use, except possibly as a placeholder until you have a proper one.

I dont know the full effect of this shot :/

It works like this: When an enemy gets hit, he glows for about a second (just like in the picture).

The target gets killed instantly while the body itself has no scratches at all. In other words, it's the sci-fi version of the Avada Kedavra spell.

need a lot of coding work, but is possible. also need a good new effects and a skeleton model.

for begin, for change color of the ray is possible simply editing gfx/effects/redline, tenlossfrontflash and tenlosssideflash textures  ;)

Change disruptor effectes: you need to edit the effects/disruptor/ efx file with effectEd of JKA SDK .

for the skeleton and the other stuff, you need a lot knoledge of C++, the Openjk sp source code and microsoft visual studio.

you can make the glowing effect with the code, maybe studing on cg_players.cpp the code of repel \ absorb aurea.

it's already possible to put the skeleton ONLY when target die. and should be really cool: edit the effect disruptor/death_smoke.efx and place an emitter primitive for show for some second into origin of death_smoke effect the skeleton model. :)

the skeleton need to be on MD3 format, and you can export and texture it with blender 2.64 and mrwonko plugin suite downloadable here in forum.

for begin, for change color of the ray is possible simply editing gfx/effects/redline, tenlossfrontflash and tenlosssideflash textures  ;)

Already done that.  ;)

Okay, the rest seems to be far more complicated than I thought.  :o

Some things are far beyond my knowledge.

Asgarath83 likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

I updated my Dalek Gun mod and it's currently pending approval.

I changed some effects to make the laser appear as if it comes from a Dalek gun (including a different effect

when an enemy gets killed by the alternate fire). Okay, it still doesn't look exactly like in the show, but it's at least a start.

Is there a way to disable the desintegration effect when an enemy gets killed by the alternate fire mode?

I updated my Dalek Gun mod and it's currently pending approval.

I changed some effects to make the laser appear as if it comes from a Dalek gun (including a different effect

when an enemy gets killed by the alternate fire). Okay, it still doesn't look exactly like in the show, but it's at least a start.

Is there a way to disable the desintegration effect when an enemy gets killed by the alternate fire mode?

for disable that you need to hack the single player code : \