Invicible npcs

Go to solution Solved by Wystan,

I have encountered a strange problem. Npc spawner spawns npc which is completely invisible, it exists but not visible, crosshair is red and it's shooting at me. If i spawn via console everything works fine. Need help with this.

Nope no error messages no spawnscript as well as no spawnflags. 

PS When i kill all, even friendly npcs which are spawned in the beginning, i get the spawners work properly. But i cannot order a player to kill every prisoner in the prison.

Map is a huge prison. Project is Silex 3 - Paradox of Colonel Williams. I'm not trying to do something unusual, just want the npc to spawn after a player activates the trigger.

Now when i've put all 100 npcs at once, everything works fine, but when i spawn i look like this:

2f68f135c9e0.jpg

then in less than a second like this:

9252a6c09128.jpg

And lots of unbearable variations.

no, just npcs

I was just thinking if you it was a trigger multiple and the trigger was large enough it'd keep spawning npcs... 

Another thing would be that you are using JA models in JO which will appear invisible but still attack you, however, since they work when not triggered that's out.

Your not trying to spawn 100 npc's at once, right? and your trigger is set to trigger_once, and you selected the trigger and then the npc to connect each npc to the trigger?

really oddest.

1- what version of radiant are you using?

2 - can you paste here the NPCs data file spawned and all the parameters and spawnflags of map of the trigger once and of the NPC_spawner you used?

3- have you tried to spawn not with NPC_spawner but with NPC_human_merc or NPC_Swamptrooper entity?

• Solution

Okay people I've found the solution. It's unexpected. This map is a prison so it has forcefields more than 100 forcefields. When i removed them, everything started to work perfectly. While it wasnt what i wanted. And the solution is: there're many prison cells far away from player that will never be opened so i did a single forcefield instead of each 10 separate forcefields. Now everything is fine.

Asgarath83 likes this