func_[entity] + model2 key

Go to solution Solved by Langerd,

Hey.

I'm trying to make a model I've made as a map object be breakable.

I've been playing around with func_breakable and the model2 key. The position always either stays at 0,0,0, or goes somewhere I can't find.

Things I've tried:

-func_breakable without origin brush = model at 0,0,0.

-func_breakable with origin brush = model out of sight, also the entity brush itself is gone.

-func_breakable placed at 0,0,0, given custom origin key = gone.

-change origin in text editor in .bsp = errors, or no change.

@@IrocJeff, didn't I make you do this trick for your bottles? :P Did you run into this issue?

Edit: This is for JK2 MP.

• Solution

1.Create the MD3 model that You want to be breakable
2.Create the brushes into the shapes of this model (for my crate i just made a single cube)
3.Select BRUSHES and give them ,,Func_breakable"
4.Give this func_breakable a ,,targetname" spawnflag (for example boom)
5.Select the MD3 MODEL and give it the ,,target" spawnflag  and just wrote the targeting object - (in my case boom)
6.Compile Your map and open Your game
7.Shoot the model with Your rocket and see beautiful destruction :)

http://wrzucaj.net/T3G
http://wrzucaj.net/T3H
http://wrzucaj.net/T3l
http://wrzucaj.net/T5X

Hey.

I'm trying to make a model I've made as a map object be breakable.

I've been playing around with func_breakable and the model2 key. The position always either stays at 0,0,0, or goes somewhere I can't find.

Things I've tried:

-func_breakable without origin brush = model at 0,0,0.

-func_breakable with origin brush = model out of sight, also the entity brush itself is gone.

-func_breakable placed at 0,0,0, given custom origin key = gone.

-change origin in text editor in .bsp = errors, or no change.

@@IrocJeff, didn't I make you do this trick for your bottles? :P Did you run into this issue?

Well, I decided I didn't need breakable bottles because it would throw off the pattern from machine to machine if it all didn't line up properly. However, it looks like @Langerd figured it out.

I forgot to mention this is for JK2 (multiplayer). It doesn't seem to have misc_model_static, only misc_model which gets baked into the map geometry. Singleplayer has misc_model_breakable, but not multiplayer.

However! I had already tried what @@Langerd said, and now I tried it with misc_model_static for Jedi Academy, just to test. That didn't work either. I didn't mean the breakables, IrocJeff, but the technique of using model2 on a caulk brush to draw the model over it. When I try that, the aboves happen.

Steps:

-Caulk brush, made it func_breakable.

-Misc_model_static, gave it path to my model.

-Connected breakable to misc_model_static.

Models shows up, but stays after breakable is broken.

I forgot to mention this is for JK2 (multiplayer). It doesn't seem to have misc_model_static, only misc_model which gets baked into the map geometry. Singleplayer has misc_model_breakable, but not multiplayer.

However! I had already tried what @@Langerd said, and now I tried it with misc_model_static for Jedi Academy, just to test. That didn't work either. I didn't mean the breakables, IrocJeff, but the technique of using model2 on a caulk brush to draw the model over it. When I try that, the aboves happen.

Steps:

-Caulk brush, made it func_breakable.

-Misc_model_static, gave it path to my model.

-Connected breakable to misc_model_static.

Models shows up, but stays after breakable is broken.

I dont know about making it to the Jk2. It is strange because it works for me in JK3 (maybe because i used  misc_model not misc_model_static... dunno with this one)

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Connecting the misc_model or misc_model_static to the func_breakable?

Yes You select the model target it to the func_breakable brush and voila. It should work. Dont know if it works with misc_model_static however. :/

Hmm If the compiler create map for JK3 and Jk2 does is change the enity according which game we choose?

I forgot about that you select the game You want to create the map in GTKradiant.

Edited by Langerd

Jk3 has very f**ked up codes and pathes options... many things screwing up with no logical reasons... It is one of the best game ever (in my opinion) but it was made too qucikly and without much engagement as the Jedi Outcast .  They add saber styles, few new force powers and weapons (the animation and maps are the biggest work here i think). But when we open the assets and see how it is all done in my opinion it is like the one bog modification to the JK2.  IT WORKS but it is soooo messed up :/

Anyway we all love this game :P so we dont care about the mess (some of us)

Ramikad likes this

Jk3 has very f**ked up codes and pathes options... many things screwing up with no logical reasons... It is one of the best game ever (in my opinion) but it was made too qucikly and without much engagement as the Jedi Outcast .  They add saber styles, few new force powers and weapons (the animation and maps are the biggest work here i think). But when we open the assets and see how it is all done in my opinion it is like the one bog modification to the JK2.  IT WORKS but it is soooo messed up :/

Anyway we all love this game :P so we dont care about the mess (some of us)

Quoted for the truth. I might add that the "new" Force Powers were already available in JK2 MP, and only Force Energize and Force Heal Other are genuinely new.