target_speaker volume

Is there a way to adjust the volume or range of a sound? For instance. I have a forcefield sound that you can hear almost through the whole area I have mapped, but then I place another target speaker with an ambiant loop in it, yet, I only hear this for maybe max 192 grid units and than its gone (fades out very quickly, while it is pretty loud) So is there a way to extend it, more to speak. 

I opened the sound textfile, showing me all the sound files. Does anybody know what the last numbers mean for each file, for example the one I use

;*********************
;cairn_energy
;*********************
generalSet cairn_energy
timeBetweenWaves 0 0
loopedWave ambience/cairn/cairn_energy
volRange 240 250

I have this running as a soundSet in a target speaker. What is this volRange? Does this mean the sound only plays for over 250 units from the map around the target_speaker?

Is there a way to adjust the volume or range of a sound? For instance. I have a forcefield sound that you can hear almost through the whole area I have mapped, but then I place another target speaker with an ambiant loop in it, yet, I only hear this for maybe max 192 grid units and than its gone (fades out very quickly, while it is pretty loud) So is there a way to extend it, more to speak. 

I opened the sound textfile, showing me all the sound files. Does anybody know what the last numbers mean for each file, for example the one I use

;*********************
;cairn_energy
;*********************
generalSet cairn_energy
timeBetweenWaves 0 0
loopedWave ambience/cairn/cairn_energy
volRange 240 250

I have this running as a soundSet in a target speaker. What is this volRange? Does this mean the sound only plays for over 250 units from the map around the target_speaker?

You can't adjust the sound on the target_speaker in these games. I've been down this road with my first map a while ago. Those numbers are the units the sounds should be audible from. I think I tried to modify the soundSet text file w/ different rages but it didn't work

When you hear it all over are you checking the global checkbox? That'll make it audible all over the map. 

For instance. I have a forcefield sound that you can hear almost through the whole area I have mapped, but then I place another target speaker with an ambiant loop in it, yet, I only hear this for maybe max 192 grid units and than its gone (fades out very quickly, while it is pretty loud) 

Explain this a bit better cause i'm confused on what you are asking :) Are you comparing the same sounds ?

Explain this a bit better cause i'm confused on what you are asking :) Are you comparing the same sounds ?

i am using a forcefield soundset on my func_usable

;*********************
;forcefield
;*********************
localSet forcefield
timeBetweenWaves 0 0
loopedWave ambience/prototype/forcefieldhum
volRange 253 255
radius 300

I can actually hear it from pretty far (as soon as I step up the elevator when I spawn I can hear the hum from far away and when i get closer it gets louder, but not as in very loud, but its a present active sound you can hear). 

volrange 240 250 means that the volume will be chosen randomly between 240 and 250 - full volume is 255. You probably want to set the radius to something larger - if it isn't given, it defaults to 250.

I can set a radius on this within the target_speaker?

i am using a forcefield soundset on my func_usable

;*********************
;forcefield
;*********************
localSet forcefield
timeBetweenWaves 0 0
loopedWave ambience/prototype/forcefieldhum
volRange 253 255
radius 300

I can actually hear it from pretty far (as soon as I step up the elevator when I spawn I can hear the hum from far away and when i get closer it gets louder, but not as in very loud, but its a present active sound you can hear). 

I can set a radius on this within the target_speaker?

Load the sound file into Audacity, drop the amplification, and that may help.