Throwable map objects JKA

Hey folks,

I don't know if it works for you, but I downloaded this mod:
http://jkhub.org/files/file/717-throwable-stuff/

And supposedly, from what I understood, many map objects on SP should now be able to influence with force power such as grip/throw and pull.
But it won't work for me.

Does anyone know why? I would to be able to use crates and other map objects that are on SP (and MP) and just smash them into opponents,

drop things on them... etc etc etc

It's still possible to make objects, which can be affected by the Force in JA. But it is made in GtkRadiant and with scripts, so via new maps.

Exactly. In the specific, misc_model_breakable can be force-interacted setting its gravity to 1 and mass to... anything viable. Quoting from the entity description, "Default [for mass] is the size of the object from one corner to the other, that works very well." Also, throwtarget should make the object throw itself towards the entity with matching targetname, but never really tested that.

It's still possible to make objects, which can be affected by the Force in JA. But it is made in GtkRadiant and with scripts, so via new maps.

Aww... I was hoping one could add it to SP.

Anyway, thanks everybody for your reply. Wonder why they didn't put this in JKA in the first place. Force Grip could have doubled as Force Pull from DF2.

@@Angel Soul

I guess that was never point of the game. So they never truly used it except for minor occurrence (like in JO, when you can move crates to push enemies, etc).

Also such objects are quite unpredictable and often act unnaturally. In JO this was also used for R5 units, which lost gravity and were flying around on Doomgiver. I applied this to bottles and other things.

Angel Soul likes this

@@Angel Soul

I guess that was never point of the game. So they never truly used it except for minor occurrence (like in JO, when you can move crates to push enemies, etc).

Also such objects are quite unpredictable and often act unnaturally. In JO this was also used for R5 units, which lost gravity and were flying around on Doomgiver. I applied this to bottles and other things.

Ahaa.... I see.... It's a shame really. :) Would be so much fun tossing crates and ships at your opponents with the Force Powers! *evil grin* hahah :D

• 2 weeks later...

There were some such objects in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. However they were distinguishable from other crates, stones, furniture, etc. 

And it wasn't too much fun to throw them, but the game had other opportunities to amuse a Star Wars fan.

I know. :D I absolutely LOVE Force Throw in that game. I am totally in Love with it haha. :D I only wish there were more of those things to throw around. In MultiPlayer. Force Throw and Deadly Sight are my fav powers. :D

NumberWan likes this