Hydroball: Yes or No

Want to play Hydroball?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If we got a Hydroball server for JKA, would you play on it?

• Yes
    • No

I'm almost certainly going to go ahead and get a server shortly. Anyone interested in sharing ownership? The idea is to use it for assorted events such as Hydroball, tffas, tournaments and whatever else people can come up with, for the jkhub community. If anyone wants to help pay for it we can get a bigger/better server (and keep it running longer) Obviously, I will give full CP access and all that to anyone who helps fund it, and they can do what they want with it most of the time seeing as I wont be hosting events 24/7.

Any help funding it would be awesome, even if its only a small amount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could most likely put the old BEC Server back up if people are going to commit to playing on it, Falgorn used to host our old one but it dwindled for a good few months and it wasn't worth money/time. It won't be until October that it would go up though.

I've had a quick skim through the topic and seen that their is a large amount of people that are interested, but if the server goes up it will mainly be a 12/12 slot server, due to money/bandwidth give or take the intrest over a 2/4 period of the year it would be extend.

Thoughts anyone?

I could most likely put the old BEC Server back up if people are going to commit to playing on it, Falgorn used to host our old one but it dwindled for a good few months and it wasn't worth money/time. It won't be until October that it would go up though.

I've had a quick skim through the topic and seen that their is a large amount of people that are interested, but if the server goes up it will mainly be a 12/12 slot server, due to money/bandwidth give or take the intrest over a 2/4 period of the year it would be extend.

Thoughts anyone?

I think we already have a server =P

http://jkhub.org/calendar/event/14-the-second-kak-hydroball-world-cup/

Aye what Caelum said. Kak is intended as an event server, but atm JKG are borrowing it whenever we aren't hosting anything. Hydroball is no good without getting lots of people there at once anyways, so it wouldn't work with out organised play times.