Force Power tweaks...

So, these are ideas for Force Power tweaks and Jedi AI related to them that I've thought of so far... please leave feedback if you have any:

Force Jump -

Slightly more height for each level. Maybe make it slightly more like MB2 where it drains lots of FP but you can go pretty high (but this could only be done in small amounts not to break SP levels by letting you jump to places that allow you to skip parts of the level)

Force Pull -

Maybe decrease strength of level 3 slightly, as I always send enemies barreling into me and they knock me down :P

Force Sense -

While active Sense 2 and up allows you to dodge more sniper shots. Perhaps a modified version of the perfect weapon accuracy the game gives you.

Force Speed -

Level 3 seems really unwieldy to me. Maybe this could be improved somehow? Should Jedi be able to use this independently (i.e. not wait for the player to use it)? I wanted level 2 to allow the random auto sniper dodge if you're at 100 fp and level 3 to decrease the cost of dodging sniper shots from 50 fp to 25-40 fp.

Instead of making your attacks red strength now it gives you a power bonus based on level. +1 (half a saber offense level), +2 (a whole offense level, i.e. from yellow to red), and +3 for level 3.

Force Protect -

Wanted to make this a little less useful in saber duels... maybe only level 3 would give noticeable protection against saber damage? Also wondered about letting fp regen at half speed up to your max fp after using the power (if you had 100 fp when you used it, while it's active you'd be able to regen up to 70 fp, maybe this could be a difficulty option? Same for force absorb, speed, and sense?)

Basically, I want it to be a power that emphasizes the strength of a Jedi, rather than seeming like a cop-out for a Jedi not being good at saber fighting and using the Force to protect themselves... Any ideas?

Mine so far:

- slightly less protection from saber damage

- reduced movement speed

- maybe lasers deflect off you in a random direction like with sabers?

- the fp regen thing

Mindtrick -

Perhaps give it some use against Dark Jedi. Maybe level 3 allows you to cancel a dark jedi's Dark Rage? Prevent them from using force powers for 5 seconds? Currently it's more of a for-fun-only non-necessary power in JA, as you're never required to use it to solve puzzles and there are no stealth missions. Should Jedi AI be able to use it? Would be hilarious haha.

Dark Rage -

Currently gives you a power boost based on level, +2, +3, or +4.

Jedi AI should be wiser about using Rage. Often especially with Rage 1 they drain a lot of their HP. I think before initiating rage they should check that they have at least 2/3 or 3/4 HP, if they are close to the player, and end the rage early if they get below half HP.

Drain -

I think Jedi AI should be better with this too. Unless they have drain 3 which has a wide arc, I feel like they shouldn't waste their time trying to drain you from a distance but should try to get close to you and do grab drains. Often reborn warriors just try to drain you from a distance like idiots with drain 2 after losing all their hp from rage.

Asgarath83 likes this

I think the whole point of the drain/rage mechanic for AI is that they're supposed to rage and drain in order to become invincible offensive warriors, but their rage does leave them exposed. The tactic DOES make sense, it's just implemented poorly.

in my mod i turned off tbhe mindtrick code that make immjune at mindtrick the saberist, and i make some case exception for blss classes. it's work! :D an enemy with saber or blade in my mod can be confused \ controlled XD 

it's really fun ^^

Not slow to much speed 3 because you need to use into the taspir factory for bypass the conveyor belts and chain montage machines.

:D

Also i agree for force jump. level 1 of force jump is really hilarous. :D