Dusty's Patch: An SP mod for JA

So I drummed up this idea almost 2 years ago?! Has it really been that long? Anyway, the basic point of this mod was to enhance the JA SP experience and campaign.

The overall goal was not to make any huge design changes or change the overall feel of the game, which I personally thought was good, but rather to make little tweaks and improvements, finish things it seemed Raven left out (like a proper Saber Offense and Defense system), and to merge player made levels into the game.

Originally it was going to be a completely codeless mod using lots of clever UI hacks, external cvars, and special config files to accomplish some of my goals, however I ran into bugs with the game always resetting my cvars which was only fixed by Open JK. And with the release of the source code, why not take advantage of it? So the mod will make code changes, but except for the saber powers relation to the saber system, will stick to mostly minor changes and tweaks. If any of you downloaded the beta version of my mod, you probably noticed a lot of the UI features were broken because of this, unbeknownst to me.

Now, things are more complicated however, with the Jedi Academy Gold Pack turned Jedi Knight Enhanced. That mod follows a similar philosophy to this one, so perhaps they will merge or overlap somehow. 

I have a small team together for the mod, but I've been spending so much thinking time on MBII I've extremely neglected working on this mod and therefore we haven't done any true formal work yet:

@@katanamaru: testing, feedback

@@therfiles: testing, feedback, ICARUS scripting advice

@@redsaurus: coding

@@Circa: testing, feedback, forum work, guidance on permissions and legal stuff

me: UI coding, file splicing, wee bit of coding

Link to the beta version of my mod: (if you want to get an idea of the kind of stuff I was doing with it)

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1459-dustys-jk3-patch-and-expansion-beta/

DarthStiv, z3filus and aramil248 like this