Run out of transform space for ghoul2 Models. Adjust MiniHeapSize in SV_Spawn Server

This is due to a specific model in your base folder using too much memory. What models/skins do you have?

Default JA+ Sabers.

Nothing else, and I removed them.

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

The message is happening on your client.  It would say server disconnected if the server produced the error.

Also you should probably update your OpenJK to a newer build ._.

I don't have it compiled :c

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

• 1 year later...
I understand. I believe that change the heapsize easier than edit a large number of models. IMHO.

and I have not a typical case: the specific character model and saber - ok, the same model, a saber and a second saber  - the game crashes. Another model of the same character and saber - ok. The same character model and other saber - ok. wtf?

I was looking in the source code OpenJK phrase "heapsize" but could not find that be changed to increase the size of this heap buffer.

I love playing with bots, and when the number of bots up to 20 becomes difficult to play, everything begins to slow and lag.

I do not know whether this affects the heap size.

sorry for my bad English.
  • 2 weeks later...

No, I understand. I'm just a bit busy at the moment so I couldn't afford a proper reply-

There are three pinned tutorials in the Coding section of the Tutorisls. Those should be enough to get you started. I very strongly recommend you use OpenJK, as fixing the game to compile with modern compilers is not a small task, especially for a beginner.

Once you've got the game compiled, let me know and I'll walk you through what to change.

GrandThrawn65 likes this
  • 8 months later...

No, I understand. I'm just a bit busy at the moment so I couldn't afford a proper reply-

There are three pinned tutorials in the Coding section of the Tutorisls. Those should be enough to get you started. I very strongly recommend you use OpenJK, as fixing the game to compile with modern compilers is not a small task, especially for a beginner.

Once you've got the game compiled, let me know and I'll walk you through what to change.

just out of curiosity, what if you were to make a mod that uses these high-poly models, how could you get the mod to work on openjk

just out of curiosity, what if you were to make a mod that uses these high-poly models, how could you get the mod to work on openjk

I wouldn't know, as I haven't tried. But just as a guess, you'd have to raise the transform memory limit, adjust MAX_MODEL_VERTS and a bunch of other variables. It should actually be simple in theory but I suspect you'd get a loss in performance.

I wouldn't know, as I haven't tried. But just as a guess, you'd have to raise the transform memory limit, adjust MAX_MODEL_VERTS and a bunch of other variables. It should actually be simple in theory but I suspect you'd get a loss in performance.

safe to say that this is an idea that hasn't been explored yet, the only mod i can think of that uses openjk is jedi fighters

safe to say that this is an idea that hasn't been explored yet, the only mod i can think of that uses openjk is jedi fighters

There's actually a lot more mods that use OpenJK than just that - JA++ uses it, JKG migrated to the codebase, JK:Enhanced was based on the codebase, and MB2 even has an OpenJK version now. I'm curious to see if you can make it work without killing performance.

It will kill performance :P collision for ghoul2 models is per triangle and having to update all the triangles when it animates kills performance.

How exactly does the Ghoul2 collision work? With respect to LODs... I mean what if LOD0 (when actively drawn on screen) used LOD1 for collision calculations? And LOD1 used LOD2 for collisions, and so on? then you would never be using LOD0 (the most detailed mesh for collision calculations... wonder if that would work... and how that would look?