Ben Kenobi model request

kc_oldbenkenobiv1  http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Old_Ben_Kenobi;10765 (author Kevin Coyle)
This Ben Kenobi is the best model - perhaps the only one ever made - that is still available for download.

HapSlash_Obi + Anakin are the popular ones, always used for making great jedi skins - they are rich in detail.

But I've seen enough HS model re-skins, so my question is: 

Could anyone replace Rosh's head with this Ben Kenobi head?

Author, Kevin Coyle, published this model 2003, so it's possible he not around anymore.

-- I sent him an email asking for permission to use his model just now.  I'll wait for answer.

Meanwhile, is anyone interested in this?

ben2.png

ben23.png

Did not know, thanks Circa, that looks awesome. But is there a way to download it separetly ?

And who might be the original author of this model ?  (if I decide to publish whatever I make)

edit: theres an unhooded version of this too, right?

Did not know, thanks Circa, that looks awesome. But is there a way to download it separetly ?

And who might be the original author of this model ?  (if I decide to publish whatever I make)

edit: theres an unhooded version of this too, right?

http://circa.im/files/jka/Ben.pk3

@@DT85 weren't you involved with this model?

And yes, it has unhooded and unrobed versions I believe.

Cerez likes this

Great work, DT. Did you do the face texture?

Thanks Circa. I had no idea about this model, either. It looks fantastic!  :winkthumb:

EDIT: It has a slight issue with the robe separating on the back of the model while walking. Have you ever managed to fix this, @@DT85? It looks a little odd. I think what HapSlash did with his robes was to join the robe layer at the back and make it stretch instead of separating it.

z3filus likes this

I did the photosourcing, yes lol. I can't paint skin worth a damn so I photosource heads. :P

It seperates? :huh: Damn, I must've been high when I made it or it's a weighing bug. Either way, I don't have any source files for it so no fixing it. I might one day redo it, but most likely when rend2 is ready. :P

The model is beatiful! O_o

the request is little hilarous. :D really rosh with kenobi head? 8D

there is only a way for make that: pick up the rosh model, replace head with kenobi head, work on vertex suturation of nek between head and torso (the nek of rosh not merge sure with kenobi nek) fixing the caps. and remake all the weight of the model.

and you need permission by the author of head of kenobi for making that. :)

That's a nice Ben model, but something about it doesn't look like Alec Guiness or something.

obi-wan_kenobi.jpg

Ben Kenobi was this, mysterious, wizard, walking around in with his hood up.

The days of a young Jedi are long gone, the model should look more like palpatine.

Someone small and angry.. with a beard

btw: he is the only jedi ever to stand like John Wayne. Sir Alec Guiness.

Cerez likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

Best model of Ben Kenobi (from MB II), but sadly when I wanted to use it as NPC in SP game, just to test something and the game crashes :(

I've just tried out the NPC (all 3 versions, hooded, robed, and norobe) and they all spawn perfectly and fight good.

If your game crashed it has to be something to do with your game not the model.

I think I've fixed it last week, but this time it always sends me the NPC of old Ben Kenobi with the hood and not only robed as I wanted it but that will be just a little bug I am gonna fix in the files

Not sure I understand the issue. The NPC file has all 3 versions. Using the command npc spawn ben gives you the robed version without the hood.

in my case it spawns the Ben character with the hood and the robe, I tried to change it only to the robe, but at first it didn't work. Don't worry mate it is fixed already ^^ thanks for sharing this great model of Ben Kenobi, amazing work on it!

You may have a conflicting file then. Strange indeed.

dark_apprentice likes this