Terminator Apocalypse

This is a redo of my HL2 MP mod, Terminator Apocalypse. Built with UDK, it's a SkyNET vs Resistance MP game with FFA & TDM gamemodes. The first release is going to be small, so there will be: 

- 2 gamemodes

- 2 character models each team

- 3 weapons each team

- 1 map

SkyNET:

- T-800 Endo (character)

- T-800 Infiltrator (character)

- Plasma Rifle (weapon)

- Plasma Cannon (weapon)

- T-800 Fuel Cell (weapon)

Resistance:

- Tech-comm Soldier (character)

- Reprogrammed T-800 Infiltrator (character)

- Plasma Rifle (weapon)

- Plasma Sniper Rifle (weapon)

- Grenade (weapon)

33tgu39.jpg

T-800 Infiltrator (by Toshi) with Sub-surface Scattering

2urbbeh.jpg

Downtown map

2eg4k7q.jpg

Plasma Sniper Rifle scope which has animated static

One thing that got me right off the bat is the neck. It looks just a little too long, I think. Also, the "veins". From the head-on shot, they appear to be going up-and-down vertically, but they ought to be more angled:

Terminator-Salvation.jpg

Regardless, I like the attention to fine detail in this model. It looks great!

I'll be aiming for an absolute maximum of 9k for characters, with the exception of complex models such as the T-800 which will easily hit over 10k with all the pistons etc. All of these will have 3 LODs, so it shouldn't be an issue. Toshi managed to make his Arnie model hitting just over 5k, which was made for source engine years ago. I'll probably increase the detail in some areas, but overall it doesn't need to be changed.

Boothand likes this
  • 4 months later...

I gave up on this project and came back to JKA. The T-800 model would in no way be able to work in JKA due to its triangle count (which is necessary for all the damn pistons unfortunately).

I gave up on this project and came back to JKA. The T-800 model would in no way be able to work in JKA due to its triangle count (which is necessary for all the damn pistons unfortunately).

Awww... allright. Too bad the T-800 model wouldn't work. And... it may be a good thing you gave up on the project. It's time consuming, and finding peeps really be able to help out is hard. Thanks for letting us know. :)

• 10 months later...

A Robert Patrick T-1000 would be better and easier, JS. :P