ModView is NAHT working

Hi guys,

I figured downloading ModView would make previewing a skin a lot easier than having to open up the game and look at it from there. Well I thought that until it completely refused to work...

Everytime I navigate to a model.glm in a file and go to open it I get this error: Filesystem call made without initialization.

Then sometimes files say MAX Q_PATH EXCEEDED.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the path exceeded error means the path to the folder is long. I could be wrong though. Try putting your base folder with your models (not the actual base folder) in your C drive directory, alongside the Program Files folder.

Does that mean I should create a folder on the Desktop since that is what the 'Drive' first locates?

i.e If I made a base folder on my desktop would the path be

C:/base/

UPDATE: Now when I click on the .glm it says missing animation file players/_humanoid/_humanoid (.gla) would that be under the humanoid folder in the assets? Is it a necessary thing to view models in ModView because I can't just launch the .glm. Funnily enough this is also one of the reasons I can't open any .glms in Blender even after installing Mr. Wonko's plugin.

I also like how the .exe refused to work multiple times but running it as administrator seemed to fix it.

DOUBLE UPDATE: Nope... copying the humanoid.gla from models/players/_humanoid into the C:/base/ directory with the model.glm and skin files did absolutely nothing. Still getting the same error. Starting to think ModView is destined to not work on my computer.

Path error solution: it's not clear why but working also in game directory. You are not force to creat a path c:\base.

that's is necessary for carcass and md3view.

for the modview, yu can also create a path inside game folder.

1 into gamedata\Base make another falled called base.

2 open the pk3 file assest of JA with pakscape and dezip into the new base folder, so yu have all basic texturee, shaders, effect, etc, ready for the modding :) that's base folder is inside to the real Base folder, it's not read by the engine, but it's read by game SDK tool like radiant or modelview or effectEd. I ever working on it by years. :)

The not humanoid error: yu need to unzip the models/players/ folder of pakscape. oin that, there is a folder called _humanoid. it's contain the humanoid skeleton in gla format with all animation frames and all animation CFG files. the error is: modview not found your _humanoid folder and relative files MOdelview read that's file for all animation of the model. if yu want a model with custom animation different by other yu need a specific GLA file for model and a animation and animevents.CFG file of configuration wrote for model. yu can see an example of that in the wampa model, or probe droid model. :)

Yes, you need to copy the humanoid folder as well. The C:/ directory is your hard drive, not the desktop. If you go to Start, Computer, C:/. You should see other folders in there like Program Files, etc.

The folder structure should be C:/base/models/players/_humanoid and any other model folder should be in the players folder, just like in the assets.

And if I put the player model I want to view with the rest of the base player models and _humanoid, then choose the model.glm of the player model it won't give me that stupid error even though the .gla is not specifically in that file?

Right, all models are supposed to use the _humanoid one. The only exception are models that have their own skeleton. But if that's the case, it would have it's own GLA in it's folder, most likely.