Error in carcass

Finally pulled myself together and did what remained to be done on my horse model, but some detours made me get out of the *flow* that I'm used to, and now after very much black magic tinkering with the Skin modifier in 3ds max, it still doesn't work. Here's the error it gives. @@Psyk0Sith, any ideas? Can you open Max 2011 files?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58757568/Horseton8_UVEXP.max

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58757568/Horseton8_UVEXP2.max

I have two max files, one before I experimented with something. In this version it lets me export in the position it's in when you open the file, but if you highlight either the skin modifier or the Editable poly modifier, it snaps out of place, when you exit the highlighting, compared to the skeleton, and I have to do that for all the limbs, and move it and align it again. But that error. The second file, what I did was resetting every pivot point to 0,0,0 and moving them manually "in place" on eye-measure in Element mode (thus moving the mesh, not the pivot point). In the first file, the eyes_teeth model has a very different pivot point, around where the skeleton is, the rest of the model parts' pivot points are far out. That's what led me to using the same pivot point and aligning them after, but this is apparently not what's causing the error.

(Using autolinker for the hierarchy)

carcasserror.png

Post a screenshot of your hierarchy in 3dsMax... looks like your bolts and meshes are not properly linked under mesh_root. You should have stupidtriangle_off under mesh_root and then all the meshes in a hierarchy under them.

mesh_root

>> stupidtriangle_off

>>>> your mesh hierarchy

...also, you need to use "Affect Pivot Only" and move the mesh objects' pivot to [0,0,0]