Just a little project...

hahaha, the hair has been uh... fun! i've basically made my own zbrush hair IMM brush, the downside to that is that it doesn't UV any of the hair strips, they still need to be UV'd manually. my next task will be writing a script that does that for me, but that won't be easy at all. until then i'll have to do it the good ol' fashioned way (which is what i've done).

everything you see there is UV'd already, i'm UVing as i retopo. =]

Hey guys, thanks for all the support, and especially things like @@Zappa_0, I wish i could share all of my processes and tools but some of them are under NDA which sucks. The funny thing is though Zappa, i've worked maybe 12 hours on the high poly... which is crazy fast and if this were a freelance job i'd have taken a lot longer and polished out a lot more. Typically a character model for current gen takes ~4 weeks to complete, with an entire week (40 hours) dedicated to the high poly alone.

Progress is going to be a bit slow this week, an uncle of mine passed away this weekend and the funeral is on friday. I'm going to be using Substance Designer, and Substance Painter (currently in beta) for the texturing. 

So is this how Revan looked before getting the Mandalorian mask? Or did you came up with that look yourself? I know his face is present in SWTOR, I'm just wondering how much of the rest is based off of official images of him and how much is your own touch.

just about all of the stuff before he went darkside just shows him wearing a short sleeved jedi robe with some kind of armouring underneath, so i've had to come up with something aesthetically pleasing. the greaves/bracers are based on images i posted further back.

I'll be making the mask as well, it's just not a priority at this point. I also need to add facial hair, and belt buckles etc... And i think i want to change the cloth around the belt a bit as well, i'm really not happy with it. Once the jedi version is done i'll move on to the sith version, which is where i'll be making the helmet. It should all fit together in a way that you can switch between naked head and helmet head even on the jedi model.

Bek likes this