Just a little project...

Nice, you have some room to work as far as the likeness since all the characters in TOR had that like, I dunno how to describe other than cartoonish look. Characters in TOR just didn't have a realistic look to them so if you aim for more of a realistic looking Revan his general facial features may match but he'll ultimately come out looking slightly different which is a good thing since a realistic version would look better.

I went out to dinner during this one so I missed it again!

Oh and since you had Metallica playing, remember that time you made a James Hettfield model? XD

Circa likes this

I don't like the recycling hands trend that has been stuck in JA for so long.

If you really have plans for him to go into JA I'd say do what I do. Import the base hands and only use them for reference. Sculpt/model new ones over top of the base ones to get the pose right since repositioning the fingers can be a bitch sometimes. Since you model over them you can also make them better looking than the JA ones without running into the problem of the fingers not matching up with the bones, mainly it's the thumb that causes the hand to reworking to fit right.

I keep missing the hangouts cause I'm stuck at a Honda training center. >_<

yeah i know it Ashura, it's not too bad.

I have a couple of anatomy statues and a bunch of books. this was more of like... because each timelapse was only an hours work, everything was fairly rushed. that's not an excuse to me though... i feel like i should have better "instant" knowledge of anatomy for doing blockouts, rather than having to take time to do an in-depth sculpt each time. so that's what i'm going to work on soon.

for now i'll have my hands full with this, as i need to do both a jedi, and sith version.

Revan_Jedi_Council.jpg

2036951-revan_vs_mandalore_1.jpg

Jedi_Master_Revan_by_Dantes939.jpg

So, these are the only real images of Revan in his Jedi armour. Which leaves whatever he was wearing kind of ambiguous. It would make sense (in my mind) for him to have worn at the very least, similar armour, or a similar setup (greaves, vembraces etc.) to what he did as a sith lord, whether or not it's the same armour i can't really tell.

So I'm not entirely sure whether to make two sets of armour or not, I suppose the jedi robe structure would change the way the armour looked enough to make it unique yet recognisable.

thoughts?

Circa likes this