Changing Starting Ammo

I really have no idea where this topic could go so bear with me.

Is it possible through BehavED to change the ammo count for starting a level from the default 300 to something lower? I know there is a count field in the items.dat for weapons and BehavEd has a set_count feature. I've tried a script to change the Bryar Pistols count to 25  using the set_count choice but nothing happens. I still pick up a pistol with 300 ammo.

Any ideas?

Asgarath83 likes this
  • 2 months later...

Well it took a while but I just figured this out. While I cannot seem to figure out how to start with lower ammo, I did figure out how to change Max ammo. So, all you need to do here is copy the EXT_DATA folder and remove all the files except Weapons.Dat. Open that up and change the numbers down the bottom where it has maximum ammo counts. Change this to whatever you want and then put this new EXT_DATA folder with the Weapons.Dat folder in a pk.3 and place it in your Base directory.

Ah, but you wanna a blaster with low ammo for all game\mod? i understood you want just at the start of  the mission.

LOL, if i knew that i have told you your answer are in weapon.dat LOL. :D

Yes, your are correct. i have an edited weapons.dat for my mod... by i have incresead my ammo.  i have different exigents. XD.

I had two options. 

Option 1 was to reduce the starting ammo to say 25-50 and then control the amount of ammo in game.

Option 2 was the weapon.dat file since that is how the ammo maximums changed in the Ultimate Weapons Mod. As a test I messed around with those files and took a wild guess at putting it into a pk3 and it worked!

I took the blaster ammo down to 200 and depending how big you are with alt-fire. I had to find a way to toughen the game up since most aftermarket levels seemed to benefit the player in terms of health, items, shields, and ammo. I think I have 1 shield and 6 health packs throughout 2 levels. No saber or force powers. Its pretty tough to go through even though I designed it and no where the enemies spawn.

Asgarath83 likes this