I dont know how to make it but i think it is possible

I want to make tentacles for sarlacc. I have idea how to do them but... i cant make it work D: .

My idea is to make one tentacle and add to it func_usable. Then it will disapear but in the same place will show another tentacle but with diffrent move . And there are like 5 tentacles (five object animation... I think it could work). It wouldnt be laggy i think.

Any ideas? (sry for english D: i am polish... i wrote this in the best way i could)

Yep a sequance by using  a func_usable. When this object (with this function) is used it disapears. But i want to make it cycle between them . For example i make a one tentacle by using a cilinder.then i copy it to 5 tentacles. Then i want to put them all in one place in gtkradiant (all of them have this fucntion usable). But ! All of them have a spawnflag 1 ( start off). It means that all of them will be invisible. I want to make them cycle one by one to make a animation. When one move of tentacle will ends it will disapear and it will spawn another tentacle with another movment (sry i rly dont know how to wrote it propeply :( )

My idea is to make one tentacle and add to it func_usable. Then it will disapear but in the same place will show another tentacle but with diffrent move . And there are like 5 tentacles (five object animation... I think it could work). It wouldnt be laggy i think.

It wouldn't be laggy per say, but it would look like a stop motion thing. Glad it's working for you, but maybe you could consider making a tentacle that is a combination of segments that move independently via script (with the ROTATE and MOVE blocks)? I know, it's tricky...an animated model would be preferable...@@ChalklYne :D

maybe you could consider making a tentacle that is a combination of segments that move independently via script (with the ROTATE and MOVE blocks)?

No, doing each rotation/move manually is just not practical. Animate it in Blender, export as a ROFF animation, use that. I heart there's a limit on the number of ROFFs per level though, five tentacles with a couple of segments each might be too much.

A custom NPC might be more practical, their skeletal animations would look far superior and you could even make the tentacles killable.

therfiles likes this