Shader Image Missing

I'm gonna say it right now. My shaders are all present, my shaderlist.txt is there, everything is where it should be. And yet, when I try to load shaders on GTKRadiant, all I get is the red and black boxes labeled "Shader Image Missing". What am I supposed to do?????????????

My shaderlist.txt is there, 

Did you even change the .txt to .shader?

No. Am I supposed to?

No.

ROFL!!! I have no idea why this was so damn funny to me... but I'm still laughing right now typing this. Good stuff here fellas.

Hey @@Cameron007 any way you can post a fraps or something some sort of video of you loading up radiant and going into the textures pallet? Or a frame by frame set of screenshots from you starting radiant all the way to you selecting a texture? Would make it easier for us. It could be a wide variety of things. Also, it would help us solve your problem, and disposition the exact problem to be added into our wiki for future problem havers

Circa likes this

Did you even change the .txt to .shader?

No. Am I supposed to?

No. Your shaderlist is not supposed to be a shader file. Leave it as a .txt. Shame on you Deviance....

What version of Radiant are you using? Which ever version it is, navigate to it's installation directory and find the games folder within. ex: GtkRadiant-1.4/games.

Open ja.game in notepad.

Check the enginepath line.

It should look like this:

enginepath ="C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/"

Obviously change it to reflect the location of YOUR gamedata folder.

The .game files differ a bit between 1.4.0/1.6 to 1.5, but the path line will still be there.

Lamented likes this

I'm gonna say it right now. My shaders are all present, my shaderlist.txt is there, everything is where it should be. And yet, when I try to load shaders on GTKRadiant, all I get is the red and black boxes labeled "Shader Image Missing". What am I supposed to do?????????????

If your using GTK Radiant 1.5 I couldn't figure it out, either. I use GTK Radiant 1.4 now and have all my shader images and it just feels better. Plus, I don't have the stupid texture menu, either. 

No. Your shaderlist is not supposed to be a shader file. Leave it as a .txt. Shame on you Deviance....

What version of Radiant are you using? Which ever version it is, navigate to it's installation directory and find the games folder within. ex: GtkRadiant-1.4/games.

Open ja.game in notepad.

enginepath ="C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/"

The .game files differ a bit between 1.4.0/1.6 to 1.5, but the path line will still be there.

I am actually using 1.3 because it is the only one that could get past the read-only files.

Try to do what I said so we're not on wild goose chases all day correcting problems u dont have XD

Hey @@Cameron007 any way you can post a fraps or something some sort of video of you loading up radiant and going into the textures pallet? Or a frame by frame set of screenshots from you starting radiant all the way to you selecting a texture? Would make it easier for us. It could be a wide variety of things. Also, it would help us solve your problem, and disposition the exact problem to be added into our wiki for future problem havers

Open ja.game in notepad.

Lol I didn't udnerstand what he was trying to relay, my bad.

I am actually using 1.3 because it is the only one that could get past the read-only files.

It should be the same thing. Go to your installation folder and check out the ja.game file in the games folder. It screams that your paths are not set correctly.

Here's the video. I know it was supposed to be up last night., but I had some issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIyOlU13eoY

Er... where are all the pk3's that are supposed to be in your base folder? assets0-3 etc...?

(You know, the archives that contain the texture images.)

I have two program files folders. Both contain LucasArts folders. The files in question are in the other program files folder. The one not shown in the video. Could the separation be the problem?

I have two program files folders. Both contain LucasArts folders. The files in question are in the other program files folder. The one not shown in the video. Could the separation be the problem?

Yes. Also, you checked that your engine path was   enginepath ="C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/"          in your ja.game right?

Whatever directory your Radiant is loading into, make sure the full installation is there.

Yes. Also, you checked that your engine path was   enginepath ="C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/"          in your ja.game right?

Whatever directory your Radiant is loading into, make sure the full installation is there.

I do not see a ja.game in my folder. I do have a jagamex86.dll, but when I open that, I just get a bunch of random symbols.

I do not see a ja.game in my folder. I do have a jagamex86.dll, but when I open that, I just get a bunch of random symbols.

No no. Go to the directory you installed Radiant into. Like Program Files\Gtk-Radiant 1.3.12\games

The ja.game file should be there.

Problem solved! The problem was the separate installation folders, just like Zack said. Thank you so much, Zack! Now, if I could just get it to save properly...

WIth GTKRadiant running, open preferences (P). Go to Layout under the Interface drop menu. Turn off  "Use win32 file load dialog".

Also, GTKRadiant doesn't automatically tack the .map designation to a map when it saves. Go to saveas and make you sure you add the .map at the end of the file name.