Replace Tavion with a skin of Starkiller?

For single player lol

Yeah it could be done. I am assuming you want the replacement to be for Jedi Academy.

If so, all you need to do is replace Tavion's npc with whatever Starkiller model you want.

The only concern has already been mentioned. That being Starkiller will sound just like Tavion, unless the audio files are changed.

Alright thanks. Umm...would someone mind explaining to me how I would go about replacing Tavion's npc with Starkiller's, tell me which Starkiller model is best, and could tell me how I could get some Starkiller audio and how to replace Tavion's with it? lol thanks in advance again  :D

Oh! I should probably mention that the reason I'm wanting to do this is to make it seem like The Dark Apprentice (Starkiller's evil clone from the Dark Side ending of TFU2) has come back to cause trouble so are there any models of The Dark Apprentice?

You really should just start by fooling around with the assets and looking at other mods. Learn the .pk3 file structure and figure out how things work. With that, you'll find that it's pretty simple to do such things (minus the audio), and you'll find it much easier to learn from there.

I can't even think of what "The Dark Apprentice" looks like.

Alright thanks. Umm...would someone mind explaining to me how I would go about replacing Tavion's npc with Starkiller's, tell me which Starkiller model is best, and could tell me how I could get some Starkiller audio and how to replace Tavion's with it? lol thanks in advance again  :D

First, you will need to download a tool that can open pk3 files. I would suggest this: http://jkhub.org/files/file/89-pakscape/

Second, open Pakscape and use it to open Assets 1. After you have done that go to ext_data and then go into npcs. You should find Tavion's npcs in that folder.

Now you can either edit the npc file with word pad or download the NPC tool. Either one will do. Change the model name of Tavion's to the model you want to replace her. For example if I wanted to replace Tavion with an Imperial Officer, I would replace the model name with "imperial". Do the same thing for the sounds. As far as sounds from The Force Unleashed go that is a bit more difficult to do. Let me know if you have understood this.

That's actually a very good and to the point tutorial. I understood it very well. I'm guessing I could just google npc tool and I would find it relatively easily? And since TFU and TFU2 are for the PC as well, would it be possible to locate Starkiller's dialouge and overwrite Tavion's with it?

Barricade24 likes this

here's the cheap way for getting voiceclips from games :

1. get fraps or any other game recording software (I can recommend Xfire as it's free)

2. start whatever you chose to use and the game you want to get voice clips from

3.in the game's settings disable music and soundeffects, so only the voice is left

4. play the game and record the cutscenes or whatever you want to get sounds from using your recorder

5. once you're done , stop recording , exit the game and covnert your video to a mp3 file , just look for a video to mp3 converter

6. now you'll have to cut your hgue mp3 file down to smaller pieces containing only the lines you want and save all of them as mp3 again , I'd recommend using audacity

7. done ,I believe you can figure the rest out yourself

umm...does anyone know of any skins of Starkiller wearing something besides his training gear? I'm wanting him to look like a Sith Lord so I'm thinking the Sith Robe outfit would do...

There aren't many good ones. There's a decent one made with Toshi's Luke model but the face isn't very good at all.

I've decided to use my own voice and try to imitate Starkiller's for the dialouge... It's not going all too well so far but it might work out. It's not supposed to be perfect as it is meant for my personal use but whenever I finish the mod, if someone wants it, I wouldn't mind sharing.

Circa likes this