JA: Enhanced Code Base

Here is an early beta version for Mac/Windows: http://redsaurus.net/stuff/24122013/SP_Customisation.zip

It may well not work for you! It works for me, but it crashes for some people (currently not sure why, and I will ofc fix it for the next version).

See the readme for installation instructions.

Features and Commands

• All OpenJK features and fixes.
  • RGB Sabers Only one RGB colour is currently supported. This can be set in the menus or by setting the sabercolor to “rgb” in the console, and setting cg_rgb_saber_red, cg_rgb_saber_blue and cg_rgb_saber_green to the desired values between 0 and 255.
  • SFX Sabers SFX Sabers can be enabled in the console by setting cg_SFXSabers to 1.
  • Headswapping Several new heads are available for the human male and human female species. You can add your own heads - see the .headswap files in the sp_custom.pk3 for examples.
  • Extra Player Tints (Unused) Playermodels are able to have multiple tints. If you enter “newPlayerTint 0 <R> <G> <B>”, any shader stages for the player with “rgbGen lightingDiffuseEntity 0” will be tinted to this colour rather than the usual.
Omicron, katanamaru and Circa like this

I wonder if it's also possible to "mix" the bodies and other parts of models in a similar way?
And another question-
You know, Scerenity is going to release his new EOC soon as an open- sourced mod like OJK (as a beta- tester I know this for sure), so if it happen would you please do a favor to make your mod work with it?

You should already be able to do that with what I've already released, using these "secret" console commands :P

/playermodel rax_joris model_default model_default model_default

/headplayermodel jan default

If you want to turn the head swap off without using menus, the command to reset is:

/headplayermodel "" ""

Omicron and Circa like this

You know, it's impossible to refer to the customization skin files like "head_a1.skin", only default and team skins are available. 

Could you make it possible to select the head just skins?

I'll do it, not sure if immediately though.

Why so many cvars for RGB sabers? I think /color1 x00FA99 would be better.

Have started work on doing it *much* better, thanks for that bit of code!

Before it only supported one RGB colour, now it supports many. Just need to clean up the UI side of it...

katanamaru likes this

...And what about breaking the limit of 32 items per customizable slot?

Like in OJP Unlimited?

It's just a question of changing MAX_PLAYERMODELS in code to something bigger, can definitely do that for next release.

Will you make a MP version of this?

Possibly, but I don't know if it's worth it as people would want to be running other client side mods in MP.

It's just a question of changing MAX_PLAYERMODELS in code to something bigger, can definitely do that for next release.

Possibly, but I don't know if it's worth it as people would want to be running other client side mods in MP.

Well generally, the most popular clientside mod is ja+(+), and @@Raz0r released the source for that awhile back, but I wouldn't imagine it would be that easy to merge the it with your code, unless I'm mistaken.