[Map] Castle Keep

This was one of the first beta maps I made myself for the former Castlevania mod, its a three map, map, complete with a show down with Death, and a finale with Dracula himself, Its loosely based off Portrait of Ruin and Symphony of the Night, and Dracula X Chronicles.

dracula__s_keep_by_omegasigma-d1ef97u.jp

Woah...this is looking great! Nice work!

However, I do think the textures on the castle are a tad too repetitive. Also, I know this is WIP, but I would light it in such a way that castle in the background is quite so well lit. It just looks too uniformly lit. You see what I'm saying?

Woah...this is looking great! Nice work!

However, I do think the textures on the castle are a tad too repetitive. Also, I know this is WIP, but I would light it in such a way that castle in the background is quite so well lit. It just looks too uniformly lit. You see what I'm saying?

Perhaps we should add a light source from the moon, that should fix that up nicely.

CaptainChar and therfiles like this

texturing a castle, has always been a nighmare for everyone that's worked on castlevania there is actually I think 6 or 8 different brick types being used

Inside the keep: (based off Dracula X Chronicles)

Dracula_X_Keep_by_omegasigma-1.jpg

Original which this throne room is based off of:

hqdefault_zpsbd4a8c2a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Orginally this Version of the keep was going to be for Multiplayer. Castlevania Judgement's Keep, images are dark using realistic lighting. Between Darth Zion and Myself, several version of the Castlevania Keep were made, from several of the games, I planned to make a Curse of Darkness version as well with the dark energy swirling around since I mastered moving textures and skyboxes

in JKA:

shot0069_zpsd856c34c.jpg

shot0068_zps6a235583.jpg

shot0067_zpsf258b308.jpg

Comparison in SSBB:

al_120316_1931binout.jpg

al_120706_1611binout.jpg

ChalklYne likes this

Your flames are making white light. Also it's a bit dark. I'd modify your original design to allow more natural lighting from your sky shader(If it's emitting light.) Or crank up the ambient a tad. You don't want people to have to squint to pick out your geometry. You can still keep the same vibe, but have a better lit play space.

Your flames are making white light. Also it's a bit dark. I'd modify your original design to allow more natural lighting from your sky shader(If it's emitting light.) Or crank up the ambient a tad. You don't want people to have to squint to pick out your geometry. You can still keep the same vibe, but have a better lit play space.

Light looks blue to me?

Again, no need to be an asshole. The thread covers several different maps and screens, so a simple "Not this picture, the other one." is all that's necessary.

You know, considering:

Using common sense to determine which flames from the available and recent screens shots too much of a chore eh? Couldn't possibly be the pictures I posted almost immediately afterwards. :o

shawn-marion.gif

Using common sense to determine which flames from the available and recent screens shots too much of a chore eh?

shawn-marion.gif

Common sense eh? You made one post in the thread, you could've easily been referencing any of the shots, considering they are not of the same thing. All your comments could've been about any of the screenshots. A simple mistake, nothing more. Don't make it a big deal by being a sarcastic asshole. It's not a good look on you.

Common sense eh? You made one post in the thread, you could've easily been referencing any of the shots, considering they are not of the same thing. All your comments could've been about any of the screenshots. A simple mistake, nothing more. Don't make it a big deal by being a sarcastic asshole. It's not a good look on you.

Or!

My comment could have been about the images almost immediately prior to my post. You know, the ones with the flames making white light. If it were a snake, it would have set you on fire. With it's white light.