What's the biggest map someone made for JKA?

I'm intereted in seeing the biggest known map someone made for JKA. I have a pretty ambitious project in mind to create a map that looks like the college I went to. It's a small campus, but in terms of modding it'd be of course pretty huge.

I think the biggest map I have downloaded is Atlantica. Oh and when I mean biggest I mean the most space available for the player to traverse.

Largest map size x 8 over lapping, but it did break the game if you used even a x4 lightmapscale so it was confirmed not possible. 2 or 3 layers was fine though. For anyone interested, I used corresponding _Cs and _Rs values for each layer, allowing the sun light to pass through to the other layers.

With teleportation, this would make for a very large playable area. The idea in JKG is to have certain exit points from the desert, where upon entering you would then be asked in dialogue if you want to continue and warned about dangers and how much water you have on you. When you say yes, a cinematic occurs to cover up the silent teleporting of your player, and you appear in the new zone.

Largest map size x 8 over lapping, but it did break the game if you used even a x4 lightmapscale so it was confirmed not possible. 2 or 3 layers was fine though. For anyone interested, I used corresponding _Cs and _Rs values for each layer, allowing the sun light to pass through to the other layers.

With teleportation, this would make for a very large playable area. The idea in JKG is to have certain exit points from the desert, where upon entering you would then be asked in dialogue if you want to continue and warned about dangers and how much water you have on you. When you say yes, a cinematic occurs to cover up the silent teleporting of your player, and you appear in the new zone.

Very cool, Pande! Can't wait to see how this plays out in JKG! Something like this would also work for a SP RPG of some sort...

Yep.  Though to the player it appears to be just one big long flat stretch of land.

Lol, no it wouldn't.. that would require massive code changes and portaling. This is just a cinematic transfer from one region to another thru some sort of pass like a winding canyon.