Help wanted: Player model from 3ds to JKA

Greetings. 

Yesterday I made a small model, which I would like to attempt getting into JKA (which may be difficult, considering the "skeleton" wouldn't entirely be human).
This is the model, in case you were wondering.

Turbosmooth:
renderturbofront.png
renderturboleft.png
renderturboback.png
renderturbotop.png

Either way, I need help finding the correct toolsets for getting it from 3ds max 2009 and into JKA. I have no experience using tools such as Autodesk Mod Tools; I cannot even get the damn camera to move (except zooming in and out!). 
I am able to use MilkSmash.. MilkSmooth... MilkJunkie or whatever the program is called, which I am using when getting weapons into JKA.

I kinda know what i need to do, however I lack the resources for doing so! If anyone could help me (or provide me with the resources for doing it), I would appreciate it.

http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/90-softimagexsi-joja-skeleton-bonestags-and-compiling-guide/

thatll give u the idea of what needs to be done

its for xsi but you can get the idea there...

u gotta fit him to the skele n weigh him to it pretty easy stuff, but if u have no knowledge of the program its not an easy way to start...

post some wireframes shots... ahh hell upload the model n post a link here n lemme help ya get him set up

i could either help u get him set up, or build u a custom rig if he ends up not fitting i use softimage but im sure we can crosswalk together

yeah what he said lol

good call wonk thats whats up

so yeah akimoto lemme see the obj or whatever u got there.. i wont do it for u, but ill walk u thru the basics dude

but first...

yer gunna have to gimme that lil yoshi  =)

dont make me go model one it wont take but a minute.. i made a goomba back in the day rigged it and animated it and everything lol me and ashura used to have a blast it was rancor size lmao we also used to have a baby rancor with HUGE bug eyes! lmfao member that ashura? ha!! we were gunna make it prehistoric bug size and give it wings hehehe

but..

i digress

i may just be super inclined to make me a duck or a goomba and rig him now

or a bowser my lil boys nickname is koopa maybe i get down on a koopa? how dope would that be?

gimme that yoshi 

Akimoto likes this

Please do not misunderstand; the problem is not the rigging. The problem is after I am done rigging, I have to convert it to XSI, assimilate it (.car something) and get it moving from there @@ 
I have managed to put a skeleton on a test model (stick-man), but I believe the skeleton doesn't come with it when I export it to obj and import it to mod tools then to export it to xsi.

Since the Yoshi model is a bit... well, un-natural, I will make a quickie NPC to figure out how to get the XSI process to work. ><

P.S.
Added you on Skype AshuraDX

You can only store polymeshes in the .obj format, no bones or null objects.

Best would be to make a custom skeleton and set it up like the taun taun. You can import the tauntaun skeleton from the JA source files and try to use it but it more than likely wont fit.

DT. likes this