[Model Request] DC-15 Pistol

I've always wanted to get this gun in-game, but never managed to pick up modeling after several attempts. Anyone willing to try? Even if you just get the model done and map it I could even texture it myself (poorly, but I'm getting better). Anyways, here's some reference pictures:

For some reason I can't embed them as apparently "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." I can take more pictures as I now own the game, so just let me know if that's necessary and I'll take more/better ones in-game.

Checked that, still didn't work. Dunno why...

EDIT: Got them all to work except one, because the link doesn't end in .jpg, it just ends... well you'll see the link. Couldn't fix it so you'll just have to click on that first one.

Screen_shot_2010-06-08_at_15.49.03.png

I never finished it, but you can have what I got done if you like.

That came up on the Google search on ModDB, heh. Yeah if no one else wants to take this one up then sure, I'll have a go at that. Thanks man, really appreciate it!

Try to replace the blaster_pistol and try it ingame.

I will once I figure out how. There's also some weird thing where there's a folder called DC-17, and I can open that in ModView (textures don't load though) and it seems to be a model of the DC-15... this could get complicated.

Seems I need to have some sort of modeling program and some knowledge of tags and such to get this working... can someone else give this a shot and see if it works to replace the blaster model? If it works I may do some work on the texture.

Seems I need to have some sort of modeling program and some knowledge of tags and such to get this working... can someone else give this a shot and see if it works to replace the blaster model? If it works I may do some work on the texture.

All you need to do is rename the files to those of the blaster. Do you want it to replace the blaster rifle or the blaster pistol?

Got it to replace the third person plaster pistol. I got the shader for the glow as well. The first person view does not work though. Not sure how to fix it.

shot0003_zps03a46356.jpg

shot0005_zps3a29e41c.jpg

shot0006_zps4740e73b.jpg

I guess I should have picked a lighter map...sorry about that...

Bek likes this

The model looks like it's just oriented incorrectly, rotating it around should help. Pretty sure there are some gun tutorials out there to help with this, pehaps on Inyri's site.

I'll see if I can do it myself after dinner. I haven't done any real modeling so I'll have to figure out how to use XSI but it shouldn't be too hard.

That may be an issue... @?

I don't think the issue is even that it needs to be rotated. I'm trying to figure out how they did it in MBII. They had to have a first person model of it right? It has a HUD icon and everything so we know it is a playable weapon.

I don't think the issue is even that it needs to be rotated. I'm trying to figure out how they did it in MBII. They had to have a first person model of it right? It has a HUD icon and everything so we know it is a playable weapon.

Try loading it up in MBII just to see if it works. Any mission where you're a Republic Command or Clone should work.

Try loading it up in MBII just to see if it works. Any mission where you're a Republic Command or Clone should work.

I can't, I use the Mac App Store version of JA. Sorry!

I got it to work! I figured it would be the "blaster_pistol_hand.md3" since it was the one that was missing. So I tried a whole bunch of different ones from different folders and went to the republic cruiser level folder from MBII and saw it had 2 clone gun folders so I copied the hand md3 from there and renamed it to blaster_pistol_hand and it works perfectly!

So I can put this together with icons and shaders in a pk3 if you want it. @@Botdra

I can't, I use the Mac App Store version of JA. Sorry!

I got it to work! I figured it would be the "blaster_pistol_hand.md3" since it was the one that was missing. So I tried a whole bunch of different ones from different folders and went to the republic cruiser level folder from MBII and saw it had 2 clone gun folders so I copied the hand md3 from there and renamed it to blaster_pistol_hand and it works perfectly!

So I can put this together with icons and shaders in a pk3 if you want it. @@Botdra

That would be excellent man, thank you! I may modify it myself and then contact MBII about releasing it separately - you never know - and I'll be sure to credit you as well if I do. Cheers.