Coding section

Go to solution Solved by Szico VII,

There is a secret coding bunker to discuss exploits. With the advent of GPL released source code, half of the coding forum (the part devoted to low-security bugs and feature requests) is no longer relevant.

However I think there's something to be said about a whole forum section dedicated to coding. Ideally we should be promoting all aspects of modding, not just coding or modeling or mapping or whatever. However, there is a rapid surge in popularity with coding, and I think even just a few threads would solve about 90% of the questions we get in IRC on a daily basis.

There's also a need for high security, and we need to retain a secret high-security area for stuff like a JKHub API, critical exploits, discussion of license breaches within the community, etc.

There is a secret coding bunker to discuss exploits. With the advent of GPL released source code, half of the coding forum (the part devoted to low-security bugs and feature requests) is no longer relevant.

However I think there's something to be said about a whole forum section dedicated to coding. Ideally we should be promoting all aspects of modding, not just coding or modeling or mapping or whatever. However, there is a rapid surge in popularity with coding, and I think even just a few threads would solve about 90% of the questions we get in IRC on a daily basis.

There's also a need for high security, and we need to retain a secret high-security area for stuff like a JKHub API, critical exploits, discussion of license breaches within the community, etc.

Perhaps a public coding section could be created. This could include a cleanup of the secret coding section that involves archiving old threads, moving low security bugs to the potential public section, etc.

MagSul likes this