Texturing Tutorials wanted

This is JUST like people asking for modeling tutorials, they're everywhere, you learn to use the software, create textures then learn to apply them in game which is the easy part since the only real restriction is the size must be a power of 2.

Get a tablet, if you don't want to then texturing isn't for you, when it comes to seeing the best HAND MADE FROM SCRATCH textures a tablet is a must, trying to make a good brush stroke with a mouse is a huge pain and not worth the time you'll spend hitting ctrl+Z.

Lots and lots of layers.

Google, every time I'm looking to create a certain effect I can always find what I'm looking for with a google search, especially if the word photoshop is in the search.

Google, every time I'm looking to create a certain effect I can always find what I'm looking for with a google search, especially if the word photoshop is in the search.

This.

Practically every texture/effect you could realistically need has been done by someone before, and most are happy to show off how they accomplished it.

I'm not talking about specific tutorials on how to use it. I'm more about how people go about the whole process. If there's a specific process that texture artists go through, I want to hear about it. Moreover, a lot of the tutorials on the web are quite awful in fact, and searching "PhotoShop texture tutorial" will usually bring up the same 20 or so tutorials, all of which are pretty bad anyway in terms of the desired effect, or explaining what to do. I'm more about achieving a specific look in what is happening, and I don't think any tutorial could really help, unless I knew more about how a texture artist works.