Syko's JKfiles Mirror

All JKA mods are downloaded at this point except for the skins! Spior's bot is working perfectly aside from periodic crashes.

Has anyone burned the JK2 mod packs I previously uploaded to DVD/BD-R? It might be a good idea if a lot of people do it in case my mirror ever goes down. The point of all this is to effectively immortalize these mods so 25 years from now if anyone still plays JA they can have mods to go with it.

@@spior I'm getting another crash, this one the program can't seem to get around. It's crashed at this point twice.

file 4317/6133

it has some unusual characters in the file name. That might be what is causing the crash. I think the file is called AescendingAngel.zip but with weird characters in it.

Ugh, I never really added sanity checks for filenames. I assumed Nozy already handled that stuff <_< Alright-y then

It'd probably be a good idea to make a 2nd arg for a start file so you don't have to wait for it to reach 4k files again.

Oh, and I ran the JK2 parameter and it crashed on "bridge_of_khazad-dûm_.zip," so I can confirm that it's the characters. Who was dumb enough to add that accented character to the .zip file?

I have to change pretty much every str* function because of that. Do not want.

If it's any quicker/easier could you just specifically blacklist those files? I could download those manually, I can't imagine that that many files have strange characters in them.

it's not crashing because of that I bet.

My guess is they have some character that windows forbids to use in filenames and I have no sanity checks for my files because who has time for sanity checks

I'm kinda busy right now though

Just another FYI (and a shameless way to bump this thread) I've switched off my targeting computer and changed my main OS from Windows 7 to Ubuntu, so the next time I run spior's program it will probably be done through VirtualBox Windows XP SP3. Hopefully that won't screw anything up.

EDIT: It seems to be working in VirtualBox XP. 

Just dilettante saying, you could use the program webspider and just download this whole website with all its levels and contents I guess. It prolly will take some days and your provider will say thank you. Maybe there are even more clever progs where you can filter to only save .rar files.

By the way, I'm changing the way that I'm hosting the mods to something that should be a lot more efficient. From now on they will all be hosted on one Box.com account that will be updated over time by me. In case you're wondering, the previous Google Drive host locations are still there and always will be. You can find all of the mods from a single link, which I have here below:

https://www.box.com/jkarchive

Note that 90% of the files I have downloaded are still uploading as I type this so barely any mods are uploaded ATM.

One other plus side of this is that you can browse through the database and download mods individually or download them in entire categories and/or packs if you so desire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I am fed up with this fucking website.

I can't even get the file list anymore, I swear to God.

Sorry but this is just too frustrating to continue, I'll leave it to someone else to finish because I am sick of it and I honestly have more interesting things to work on.

@@eezstreet if you're interested, hit me up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Syko again, created another account. 

I just wanted to say that I have uploaded another large batch of mods to the Jedi Academy filefront backup mirror. While some categories are uploading as I type this, the following mod categories have/will be added:

*Media (14.7 GB)
*Mods (8.76 GB)
*Official Releases (242 MB)
*Scripts and Binds (10.6 MB)
*Skins (Only partially completed, 1.71 GB)
*Utilities (457 MB)

When this is finished uploading, ALL Jedi Academy mods will be uploaded, although about 2/3rds of the 'Skins' category is not there since I haven't been able to download all of them from filefront. Most of the 'models' category is not there either. As I wrote previously, ALL of the Jedi Outcast mods are uploaded, except for the 'Skins' category. 

To write it out as a plain and simple todo:

*Finish downloading all Jedi Academy Skins
*Finish downloading all Jedi Academy models 
*Finish downloading all Jedi Outcast Skins

@@spior I know you don't want to work on this anymore, but would it be any easier if you coded your bot to just download the 'skins' category for Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast? If not, I would really appreciate it if another coder could step in. The JK3files mirror is almost complete, it would be a shame if the JO/JA skins could not be backed up as well.

Also, could this mirror be linked to or mentioned somewhere on JKHub, or stickied or something? Besides backup purposes, it's also useful for people that can't download from Filefront from their country.

and if anyone forgot where the mirror was: 

katanamaru, Omicron and Circa like this