Syko's JKfiles Mirror

Thanks for your work on the bot @@spior, but it isn't really working for me. When the bot downloads a mod, when the mod finishes downloading the program just sits there for four times the amount of time it took to download the file. Eventually it does download another file, but after a while (I left it on overnight twice) Windows says its has stopped working and I have to close it. Only a few more mods were downloaded.

To express my desire for a JK3 files backup and to prove I have no life I have begun manually downloading all of the JK2 mods (not JK3). At the moment I have all of the mods downloaded except for the three biggest folders; the mods folder (598 files), the maps folder (804 files) , and the skins folder (1493 files). Assuming that I finish downloading all of these files myself, I'm just going to say that I am not going to download and backup the JK3 mods as there are roughly twice the amount of JK3 mods as JK2, and I don't even play JK3. If that bot can be fixed so it can download the mods, someone please do so.

Yeah I had a feeling that would happen.

It's pretty impossible for me to test all the scenarios it would go through so I figured it'd crash.

That's why I didn't want to release it to the public :D

You know, if you happen to remember which file it crashed on that's be great...

Oh and, it doesn't do the whole waiting thing for me at all. Just goes straight to the other file o.O

EDIT: okay 2 things:

1) http://isup.me/jediknight3.filefront.com

2) just found a reason for it to crash. I didn't double-check the folder names...

I checked the folder and I believe the last file downloaded was massive_box.zip. It was the last modified file in the Jedi_Knight_III folder. Also, based on looking at the files last modified time, the bot sits there for about 45 minutes to an hour after each download. 

x5ozlc.png

OK, I renamed two folders which had spaces instead of underscores. Running now...maybe it will work now.

EDIT: It still seems to be playing the waiting game, although the folder renaming will probably fix the crash issue.

One other thing that's strange is that the downloaded KB / total KB is different when the file has finished downloading. The amount of downloaded KBs is higher than the total amount of KB in the file.

2n6f888.png

Okay, so apparently sometimes jk3files decides to give me a completely empty response. I blame break media for this and will work on fixing it.

And that KB thing might be due to the fact that I only count the KBs of the file and not the total response (HTTP headers). Will fix.

EDIT: Okay well...
because jk3files mods/GF staff are fucking stupid, things like http://www.gamefront.com/files/?filepath=/gamingfiles/Jedi_Knight_III/Models/minecraft_playermodelv2_fixed.zip happened and I have to check each page if there's a new version of the file...

OH WAIT!

No, even worse, this isn't a new version -- this is the link to the same file only put in a different way.

Great.

EDIT: @@Syko redownload, I fixed it for now. Check the repo for more details I guess.

Let me rub some salt in your wound: the program just crashed again. The folder renaming didn't fix it. I'll try your updated one now. 

EDIT: @@spior The new program is still waiting as well, although the KB fraction issue is fixed. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the crash issue was fixed...

If you have all of the mods downloaded already yourself, you should upload them somewhere so I can download them without having to use your bot. I can give you a free 50 GB Box.com account if you register with my referral link.

I don't think slow servers is the issue, since downloading the file takes a normal amount of time, and the file is there, it just sits there doing nothing. I calculated the amount of time it will take to download all of the files at this rate and I found it would take roughly 190 days!

Nope I haven't. I can do that I guess.

EDIT: okay so, it crashed on jedi_amp_1.2.9_fix.zip and I learned 2 things

1) I should never trust that the call stack will have enough useful debug information

2) I should include more information in my printf's

3) I should check if the file is already downloaded / if the file list is already downloaded instead of downloading them all over again

4) I should learn to count

on the bright side

Size: 340 MB (357,121,078 bytes)

Contains: 178 Files, 49 Folders

178 files...not too shabby. 6000 more to go!

I just got on my computer now and I left the program on overnight and it didn't actually crash! I have 140 MB of mods saved ATM. The waiting is the only issue - and it's not going to be physically possible for me to leave the program running for 190 days, so it is probably still better if you upload all of the mods somewhere when they've finished downloading on your end. 

PM me your email and I'll send you a link for a free 50 GB Box account.

This...I would like to know how you managed this O.o

I'll send you a 50 GB account too if you want. :P

mcq5ug.png

I found a deal at the freebie section of the Fatwallet forums that allowed you to get a free 50 GB box account for a limited time. I really recommend following those forums by the way, I gotten tons of free stuff from the free deals people post there. 

So far I've seen posts on freebies for (off the top of my head)

-Lots of high quality iTunes Apps (Plants vs. Zombies, Infinity Blade, Angry Birds, NFS: Most Wanted, Walking Dead, etc.)

-The 50 GB Box account

-Several free GMG games.

-A few free $5 Amazon MP3 codes

-Free Songs

-Occasional freebie gift cards

and lots more stuff.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/

It says 5/6.

EDIT: A day and a half now and it's still running strong. 83 files have been downloaded.

I highly doubt it, but could it have something to do with the fact that I have it running on my E:\ Auxillary hard drive rather than my main C:\ one?

Would anyone else mind testing the program to see if you have to wait too?

1.02 GB downloaded now! It's working like a charm. I updated the first post of this thread with a link to the JK3 files backup downloader. Could this thread/the first post of this thread be stickied somehow so that it could be easily accessed for anyone looking for a JK3files backup?

Also, spior, when you're finished with the program you should consider uploading it to JKhub as a file.