Syko's JKfiles Mirror

Two more bugs to fix in the latest revision of the bot:

-JK2 version crashes while getting file list (it crashes on "Getting file list...3352/3357")

-JKA bat doesn't work on its own. The command parameters that you run the program with are apparently case sensitive. Eezstreet wrote jk3files "jka" when it should be "JKA" 

I wonder what the 666th file is...

Master Ridley likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

I opened the solution yesterday!

Okay I'll work on it some more tomorrow. As far as I remember, it used to give me more files than predicted so I have no idea what to do right now, but I hope I figure this out.

EDIT: Okay, I fixed that issue then. I'll have the updated version up in a sec.

EDIT: or not...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm officially closing this project as well. If you want to see the product of 3 wasted afternoons go to 

jkarchive.wordpress.com/downloads

I will not be adding to this anymore. I'm done with this BS.

Sorry about this...I was extremely ****ed off the other day for some RL reasons. I will probably work on this project a little more. Could someone help spior out with his JK3files bot? 

If not, would it be easier to configure the bot to download one category of mods? I have all JK2 mods downloaded at this point except for the skins.

Also, would it be terrible if I wanted to upload a .zip of all Jedi Knight 2 maps here to JKhub?

It would be helpful if you told me where it crashes this time.

Also, all you have to do is put the files you already have in the sorted folders in the same dir as the exe. It detects already downloaded files.

Yeah, I think it was because my internet got messed up. It crashed again like 5 minutes before I wrote this and it was because my connection went down for a few minutes. Will re-run again, and it will probably work.

Is there any sort of fail-safe you could implement so the program doesn't crash and instead holds before trying to connect again? Re-running the program takes it a while to confirm all of the files already downloaded.