(I made some)

so far:

1. just use windows

2. getting started

3. skinning

4. mapping 1

5. mapping 2

6. coding

It would perhaps be more sensible to have done these about 5 years ago, but anyway..

I'm considering doing ones for mapping, coding, modelling and map scripting too, but that depends partially on whether anybody's interested in them. Is there anything else the other 4 or so mac users would be interested in?

Maybe some basic info on Mac ports using Wine and things like that. A lot of Windows-only programs can be used on Mac that way, including the game itself.

By the way, I love the color scheme of your site. Simple is always better in my opinion. Reminds me of Apple, which is good.

I did a "setting up radiant" one. If any of the tutorials are confusing/badly written/wrong, tell me

Coding would be useful, especially for Mac ports.

That will probably be a bit tougher to write, so it might not be the next thing I do, but it will definitely get done.

Maybe some basic info on Mac ports using Wine and things like that. A lot of Windows-only programs can be used on Mac that way, including the game itself.

By the way, I love the color scheme of your site. Simple is always better in my opinion. Reminds me of Apple, which is good.

Hm, maybe. Are there any specific Windows programs I should focus on? I don't just want to do a Wine tutorial. afaik things like Modview don't actually work properly in Wine? 

Wine isn't a porting program, its a Windows emulator. As such, it doesn't work properly for all apps. Sorta like how the Xbox 360 can't run all Xbox games (it uses an emulator). At any rate, @@Xycaleth did write a nice GLM viewer for windows that could be ported. Mac ports of JAMod/ProxyDLL/whatever is something I've been wanting to do. IDA can load Mac modules and bins, so the reverse engineering aspect should just involve porting some crap.

Wine isn't a porting program, its a Windows emulator. As such, it doesn't work properly for all apps. Sorta like how the Xbox 360 can't run all Xbox games (it uses an emulator). At any rate, @@Xycaleth did write a nice GLM viewer for windows that could be ported. Mac ports of JAMod/ProxyDLL/whatever is something I've been wanting to do. IDA can load Mac modules and bins, so the reverse engineering aspect should just involve porting some crap.

I know, but a lot of people call it porting. I don't know all of the programs that work with it. This is why a tutorial would help I suppose.

The problem is that I don't know which programs work with it any more than you. If there's something specific to do with Wine that you think would be good, I can maybe do that, but I'd prefer to focus on the things I actually know about for now.

If anyone else wants to contribute to the tutorials they're of course welcome to.

• 3 weeks later...