JKA Force Sight change assisstance, plus more

Hey hey :D

I was thinking of trying to make some changes for Force Sight/Protection/Absorb/Team Heal/Energize/Dark Rage. 

For all the effects, I would like to add dynamic glow, and for Force Sight, I would also like to make it so that player sees in fullbright,

and in sky blue color, much like in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. It would also be cool to add some particles emmanating from characters

aura seen by Force Sight. Now - those are my ideas, but I would like to start making this. :)

Is this something you can do through a shader? And if so which files are involved in editing? Would love to make this compatible with ForceMod III and base JKA MP and SP.

Thanks in advance!! ^^

Probably needs coding in order to render things in fullbright while in sight (might be able to get away with using a shader though). But the rest of what you mentioned should work fine.

All of what you mentioned is done with shaders.

Coding? Bah - can't fix it. looool :D But as far as shaders go; awesome. :) I have tried checking out which images are used for protection/team heal/energize/absorb, and also tried finding corresponding shader file, but couldn't. Do you have any leads perhaps? :)

Really? Tried gfx.shader and gfx2.shader? I'm pretty sure its in there.

Yeps. I am pretty sure mate. I have searched earlier, that's why I made this post - coz I needed help finding it (well, among other things). :/ Is strange that two of you can find it but not me. I have made file search with winrar as well as just pressing the "F" button to find the image in gfx/misc... it simply doesn't appear at all. None of the files that were mentioned. I find it quite puzzling tbh. And I've searched through assets0, 1, 2, and 3. Maybe is something I'm doing wrong, or maybe is not. Either case, it won't show. :/

EDIT: Ahhhh - I understood. Found it now. Sorry. It was NOT an image file itself, but a piece of code inside effects.shader file. The Force Protect part that is. :)

therfiles likes this
You recently installed GTKRadiant didn't you? Check if you have a Shaders folder in base(guaranteed). Also replace the shader in that folder with the new one you made. Or simply remove it from the shaders folder.

Yep. Did that too. Didn' work for me.

EDIT: Finally found out where it actually works. And it's not in MP. This change only works in SP. So with that being said, apparently the MP code must

be somewhere else.

Here's the original code found in "effects.shader" in "assets1.pk3":

gfx/misc/forceprotect
{
	qer_editorimage	gfx/effects/p_shield
	deformvertexes	wave	100 sin 1 1 0 1
    {
        map gfx/effects/whiteglow
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
        rgbGen entity
        tcGen environment
        tcMod rotate 10
        tcMod turb 0.6 0.3 0 0.6
        tcMod stretch sin 1.5 0.5 0 1
    }
    {
        map gfx/effects/caustic1
        blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
        rgbGen entity
        tcMod rotate -600
        tcMod scale 2 3
    }
}

And these are my simple changes to check how effects would change, which were added in shaders folder in "zzzzz_NEWPROTECT.pk3":

gfx/misc/forceprotect
{
	qer_editorimage	gfx/effects/p_shield
	//deformvertexes	wave	100 sin 1 1 0 1
	cull twosided
    {
        map gfx/effects/whiteglow
        //blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
        //rgbGen entity
        //tcGen environment
        //tcMod rotate 10
        //tcMod turb 0.6 0.3 0 0.6
        //tcMod stretch sin 1.5 0.5 0 1

blendfunc GL_ONE GL_ONE //add
	glow
	rgbGen identityLighting

}
    {
        map gfx/effects/caustic1
        //blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR
        //rgbGen entity
        //tcMod rotate -600
        //tcMod scale 2 3

blendfunc GL_ONE GL_ONE //add
	glow
	rgbGen identityLighting
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

I have got a question and i hope here is the right place to ask :)

I want to try to see absorb at other players in multiplayer.

At the moment you can only see absorb, if you pulled or pushed your enemy.
I try to find out a way, how i can see the absorb of other players without using force on them.

Do i also have to change something in this?:

Protect - gfx/misc/forceprotect

Absorb - gfx/misc/personalshield

I hope i'll get an answer :)))

Hey,
if you could help me in this issue i'd also PAY for it. (I am not sure if its allowed tho.)
But i really need to know how it works.
How is it possible to make absorb visible when other people're using it....(in Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy - MP)

Thats my question.

I hope someone will answer and tell me step by step how that works