yeah i literally just addressed his nose.. and i went for the fohawk cuz i was trying to match that ref pic n a few others.. the actual version that goes with the training gear, etc will go with short hair... but im gunna have a fohawked sam witwer head too lol. i was thinking about making a battle arena gear, training gear, raxus prime, cybernetic reconstruction, and i figured id try to throw in a street clothes witwer too lol figured itd be original n cool. 

but yeah man his nose was throwin his whole damn face off lol good eye i just caught it

Why did Kobra have to leave us... his v2 of the Secret Apprentice was perfect! And no offense intended Chalk, but... this Galen Marek looks like he's made of paper. Maybe you should see Kobra's work of Galen Marek and try to see how good you can make him

ive seen kobras dude lol.. and his was pretty damn good... in a lotta ways

i heard the shaded view of it was pretty bad.. but like i said i heard i never got to see it shaded

and perfect is a pretty difficult word to throw around in here

headfinal.jpg

cuz to me it kinda looks like he got beat with something

im learning as i go and naw dude i wouldnt take offense lmao

im sure if u gave it a go it would look like garbage.. no offense lol

and taking a look at kobras work would be inspirational if anything, but not used as a reference dude

ive got plennnnnty of nice references, and like i said im learning as i go. but im not intimidated by hellkobras starkiller. inspired if anything.

i will work on this little by little as i go and hope to not only have a decent starkiller, but a decent original rendition of sam witwer and an extensive knowledge gained thru trial and error. 

and u know what i really enjoy? decent feedback dude.. dont just tell me he looks like paper silly boy..

lmfao

give me some feedback. what looks like paper? his straps? trying to save space.. his textures? we assessed my texturing looks rather cartoonish and i need to spend time focusing on shading and tones.. put a little effort in there big dog and i can address the issues if need be.

fret not tho there young fella.. im not releasing this until hes done. and by done i mean spot on

i just have no real reason to rush it, and im focusing on one area at a time. im really glad i learned how to create hand painted normal maps tho that is pretty badass.. and im really proud of how i stuck with it and never took any of the ridiculous amount of trolling over my learning process seriously lol. or id prolly be done modelling right about now. so never think im gunna take straight offense unless u give me crap feedback and mock my efforts. 

and didnt somebody say hk's starkiller was just a buncha frankensteined stuff? 

anyways.. i enjoy any artists work. its the effort i dig.

ill get there soon.. and it wont be thestarkiller yer familiar with.. but more of a sam witwer hopefully.. cuz to me they look a bit different.. and i dont want a manny llamas rendition.. i want a chalks rendition.. soon enough

gfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfg.jpg

paper or not im really not ashamed at how hes looking now.. u can tell i been paying a little attention lol

corto pointed me to a pretty awesome skin tone tutorial so hopefully pretty soon he'll start looking less vampiric lol

Odeyseis likes this

No offense intended, as I stated before. And yeah, Galen was beaten several times in the face by PROXY in his training. Also, the pic you posted looks a bit better, but I think he seems a bit more white. W/e though, I can say the complexion is good enough. The head modelling could be a bit better--particularly on the chin an the middle of his face--but it's lookin pretty good. I think his arms looks like paper--it looks they're made of origami. Same with the shoulderpads and his robes seem a bit too colorful. But as you said, you're working on it. Definitely improve the torso model, because his arms look awkward and I think he looks too skinny and tall. Still, as you said, you're working on one thing at a time--head at the moment. GL with this--I look forward to seeing this complete, and it just might have potential of being as great as HK's v2--or even better. I'd love to test this skin out, but I completely expect a 'no' to that request, despite the fact I wouldn't release it unfinished. Keep up the good work

ChalklYne likes this

Here you have a couple of side shots of Sam Witwer:

being-human-sam-witwer-sam-huntington-17

NUP_145525_0059.jpg

You can easily find front shots and you can make side shots for rotoscopy. I strongly suggest you start the head again. You have the skills, come on.

ChalklYne likes this

^Definitely wrong, I've seen the mesh myself, it's not a port. You may need your eyes checked if you think so, while it's a decent model he could actually fix up a few spots on his model, he didn't even use the base JA stormtrooper as a starting point, it's all from scratch.

I'll vouch for him, it's not a port.

Some advice now on the head, while orthos are all and good especially to start things off I think one thing you may not be doing which Lee (Almighty_gir) gave me invaluable advice on, model in the 3d view just as much if not more than the 2d, it will really help keep the face from looking so flat.

ChalklYne likes this

Would I be wrong if I thought your evo trooper was a port?

ridiculously.. 

u can see the evolution of the mesh as i adjusted everything. ill never port or steal i do this for practice to get better. and that would be kinda dumb lol

thx 4 the compliment tho i guess.. everytime i get accused of porting i feel like im getting a lil better lol

but that evo trooper is next after proxy to get a total overhaul anyway.. so if u think it looks ok now lol...

im gunna start this over.. but lemme point out some major screwups i  have when first starting a face and possibly nip it in the bud

fixmer.jpg

the areas in red are parts where i cant really tell from the roto pics how much depth it has.. so i tend to make flat faces til it really starts coming together and i notice its all screwy.. big problem was i didnt know much about facial anatomy too and now that i spent today screwing with anatomy tuts im ready to give er another shot.. any pointers on these problem areas tho before i start?

I was hoping you weren't gonna take my evo trooper port comment seriously. I just thought it was really good--it was supposed to be a compliment.

I was about to say something about it too. Take it easy guys, he wasn't making any serious accusations.

Lamented and ChalklYne like this

Chalk, the head looks perfect from the side in the last pic--save for the nose. But still, nice work. I can't believe what you made his head used to look like and how well it reforms now. I wish I was as talented as you.

this is the last adjustment im gunna make to this head before starting over.. ill have a new model going maybe tonight.. theres some screwups i just dont wanna go back thru the geometry n fix like his forehead n what not so ill def be starting over.. butnonetheless..

30187736.jpg

Lamented and therfiles like this

yeah i been kinda compensating the angle for now u can kinda see it in the right ortho.. i caught that this time lol

eyefix.jpg

are those kinda vert expensive or u think theyre good to go? if anything i can just model it as well as i can with no worry of polys, then go back later n maybe clean some stuff.. so yeah if u see me going a little deep on maybe the ears and the nose its cuz im gunna go back and hit it again n maybe clean it up some. i see it being maybe 1600 tris at the end if i keep going like i am